What is Dolphin

Lucie Johnson
I am a recruiter with an assignment to find Smalltalkers.... I am trying to
educate myself about your world, why is this tread called 'dolphin'?  I
would appreciate some advice...

--
Lucie Johnson

Re: What is Dolphin

Ian Bartholomew-4
"Lucie Johnson" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:XVq27.169906$%[hidden email]...
> I am a recruiter with an assignment to find Smalltalkers.... I am trying
> to educate myself about your world, why is this tread called 'dolphin'?
>  I would appreciate some advice...

Dolphin refers to a implementation of Smalltalk that runs on Windows - see
http://www.object-arts.com for details.

This group is mainly for discussions about the use of Dolphin so for
recruiting purposes, unless you specifically want a Dolphin programmer, I
would think the main comp.lang.smalltalk group was a better bet. Any
Smalltalker who wanted to be recruited would also read that group.

Ian

Re: What is Dolphin

Ted Bracht-2
Hi Lucie,

"Lucie Johnson" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<XVq27.169906$%[hidden email]>...
> I am a recruiter with an assignment to find Smalltalkers.... I am trying to
> educate myself about your world, why is this tread called 'dolphin'?  I
> would appreciate some advice...

Dolphin Smalltalk is the product name of a Smalltalk version specific
for the Microsoft Win32 environments. See www.object-arts.com for more
information (they built it).

HTH

Ted