What is the best way to...

hernan.wilkinson
generate a document with the source code of a package?
We will use pharo at the university and I want to find an easy way for the students to print out the source code of their work.

Thanks.
Hernan.

Re: What is the best way to...

Pavel Krivanek-3
something like

MCMczWriter new serializeDefinitions:  (MCPackage named: 'Tests')
snapshot definitions.

-- Pavel

2010/3/15 Hernan Wilkinson <[hidden email]>:

> generate a document with the source code of a package?
> We will use pharo at the university and I want to find an easy way for the
> students to print out the source code of their work.
>
> Thanks.
> Hernan.

Re: What is the best way to...

Damien did a package to print latex but I do not know its status.
I'm still dreaming about a Visitor over package, class....
that would produce
        fileout
        html
        tex

Stef
On Mar 15, 2010, at 12:54 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> generate a document with the source code of a package?
> We will use pharo at the university and I want to find an easy way for the students to print out the source code of their work.
>
> Thanks.
> Hernan.

Re: What is the best way to...

Damien Cassou
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Damien did a package to print latex but I do not know its status.
> I'm still dreaming about a Visitor over package, class....
> that would produce
>        fileout
>        html
>        tex

SmallAutoDoc produces html or latex. It's quite old however and I
don't know it's current status:
http://www.squeaksource.com/SmallAutoDoc/

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: What is the best way to...

Lukas Renggli
Also Pier-Document converts Packages, Classes and Methods to Pier
pages that can then be displayed on the web or converted to LaTeX or a
book or ...

Lukas

On 16 March 2010 15:43, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Damien did a package to print latex but I do not know its status.
>> I'm still dreaming about a Visitor over package, class....
>> that would produce
>>        fileout
>>        html
>>        tex
>
> SmallAutoDoc produces html or latex. It's quite old however and I
> don't know it's current status:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/SmallAutoDoc/
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: What is the best way to...

hernan.wilkinson
hi Lukas, I'm not a Pier expert, but how would you convert them to latex, etc?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also Pier-Document converts Packages, Classes and Methods to Pier
pages that can then be displayed on the web or converted to LaTeX or a
book or ...

Lukas

On 16 March 2010 15:43, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Damien did a package to print latex but I do not know its status.
>> I'm still dreaming about a Visitor over package, class....
>> that would produce
>>        fileout
>>        html
>>        tex
>
> SmallAutoDoc produces html or latex. It's quite old however and I
> don't know it's current status:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/SmallAutoDoc/
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: What is the best way to...

hernan.wilkinson
Hi Damien,
 I just tried it in the last pharo version and works fine.
 I'd like to add an option to print the methods source code. Do you mind if I do it? If so, can you add me as developer in SqueakSource for this package so I can commit the change? My user is HAW

Thanks!
Hernan.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Damien did a package to print latex but I do not know its status.
> I'm still dreaming about a Visitor over package, class....
> that would produce
>        fileout
>        html
>        tex

SmallAutoDoc produces html or latex. It's quite old however and I
don't know it's current status:
http://www.squeaksource.com/SmallAutoDoc/

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: What is the best way to...

Lukas Renggli
> hi Lukas, I'm not a Pier expert, but how would you convert them to latex,
> etc?

It is a visitor that walks over the document tree and emits LaTeX
instead of HTML. I used it to create the documentation in the appendix
of my master thesis (http://scg.unibe.ch/archive/masters/Reng06a.pdf).
Similar the PDF version of the Seaside Book (http://book.seaside.st)
is created with a similar visitor (in this case the pages are not
automatically created from comments in the system though).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch