What is the situation regarding iPhone

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What is the situation regarding iPhone

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What is the situation regarding iPhone

johnmci
Morning Hilaire.

I had discussions with middle level Apple management on Aug 5th.  I am told decisions should be forthcoming: "the next few weeks"

On 2010-08-15, at 3:33 AM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Can we legally distribute through the apple store Pharo Smalltalk
> applications?
>
> Hilaire
> --
> Dr. Geo, to discover geometry on Linux, Windows, MAC and XO
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/DrGeo

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What is the situation regarding iPhone

Stéphane Ducasse
The next question is the scratch viewer representing anything that you can generalize.
Apple is getting worse than Microsoft.

Stef

On 2010-08-16, at 1:39 AM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> Please keep up informed.
>
> What is the situation for the Scratch viewer, is it still in the AppleSotre?

no.

The process for approval is what being worked, until that happens I can't say if anything
like Scratch (which downloads executable byte codes), or Smalltalk (which is an interpreter),
is allowed. The fact that Scratch is both doesn't complicate matters either.