What means DSDN

bachinger software-2
Hallo,
means DSDN Dolphin Smalltalk Developer Network.
How can I contribute?

thanks
CJB

Re: What means DSDN

Ravi
CJB,

bachinger software <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<[hidden email]>...
> Hallo,
> means DSDN Dolphin Smalltalk Developer Network.
> How can I contribute?
>
> thanks
> CJB

DSDN (Dolphin Smalltalk Documentation and News) is a must have tool to
search for questions and answers in Ian's newsgroup archives and other
info in a Dolphin image. Thanks to Bill Schwab and Ian Bartholomew for
sharing it. Info and downloads can be found at
http://needle.anest.ufl.edu/anest4/bills/DSDN.htm
and
http://needle.anest.ufl.edu/anest4/bills/DSDN_news.htm

Regards,
Ravi

Re: What means DSDN

Ian Bartholomew
> means DSDN Dolphin Smalltalk Developer Network.

Ravi has answered this bit, thanks Ravi.

> How can I contribute?

You already do! The idea of DSDN is to collect the various sources of
information on Dolphin, and optionally Smalltalk in general, to make it
easier to search for and remember the bits you find important. As it stands
DSDN allows for ...

- Comments in methods/classes and packages present in the image
- The Dolphin help file
- The ObjectArts WIKI
- My newsgroup archive
- Any other text or HTML files you want to add

... so as you already post to this newsgroup you are automatically in DSDN
:).

If you want to contribute to the collective knowledge base on Dolphin then
the best place is probably the WIKI. You can add/edit/delete pages at will
and they are immediately available online for all other Dolphin users - as
well as being able to download them for DSDN.  For a more interactive
approach the newsgroup is probably better and there is always the option of
creating your own Dolphin related website - which I would be pleased to add
to the 14 sites already on Dolphin web ring

Regards
    Ian