What tools or methods we have in Smalltalk (Pharo) for Model Driven programming?

1 message Options

What tools or methods we have in Smalltalk (Pharo) for Model Driven programming?

ponyatov
I mean MDP in a wide, in a more generic way, not the things like UML and
other OMG derivatives.

As an example, I defined a  little set of generic classes
<http://ponyatov.quora.com/Smalltalk-etudes-Model-Driven-MetaProgramming>
for metaprogramming in terms of generic programming elements.

My idea is about
- creating domain-specific models, then
- translate them into generic language-independent models, and finally
- transform them into some code-synthesizable representation for the
specific target programming language
  (which let me write in Smalltalk in any mainstream language and avoid
no-vacancy lock)

What tools or methods we have in Smalltalk (Pharo) for this approach?
- data structure visualization
- model transformation
- logic-like inference over such a like models