WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

seaside
Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to coordinate efforts.  Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn discussions thereafter!

### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

- $HEROIC_ACHIEVEMENTS_OR_DISMAL_FAILURES_OR_SIMPLE_BORING_NECESSARY_TASKS

### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):

- $NEXT_STEPS_TOWARDS_WORLD_DOMINATION

(*) we'll be expecting results by then ;)

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2013-03-12, at 16:53, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to coordinate efforts.  Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn discussions thereafter!
>
> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

- Jenkins:
        - new nodes
        - new matrix builds for Pharo2.0
        - new matrix builds for http://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution

- A nice NativeBoost paper
- Pharo Online Documentation Generator

> ### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):

- NativeBoost Paper
- Finish Pharo Online Documentation System

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

philippeback
### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

* Trying out new image and messing around, reporting bugs in the process
* Reporting issues with the iOS VM build
* Getting the iOS VM to recognize a bluetooth keyboard
* Getting the VM to build for debian 6 amd64

### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):

* Finishing up keyboard mapping for iOS VM
* Understanding how to have amber working with Pharo through AidaWeb
* Trying out new stuff coming my way
* Getting the InterpreterSimulator running into the image

Phil

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
On Mar 12, 2013, at 4:53 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to coordinate efforts.  Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn discussions thereafter!
>
> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

- Penelope website
- Finish the issues migration
- FTP Server done (for a lecture ^^)
- Helios pair-programming sessions with Nico

> ### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):

- more Helios pair-programming
- REST api for the FTP Server (for the same lecture)
- a bit of days off after Pharo release

> (*) we'll be expecting results by then ;)

Ben

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

stephane ducasse
sounds like a cool set of issues :)

On Mar 12, 2013, at 5:04 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:
>
> * Trying out new image and messing around, reporting bugs in the process
> * Reporting issues with the iOS VM build
> * Getting the iOS VM to recognize a bluetooth keyboard
> * Getting the VM to build for debian 6 amd64
>
> ### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):
>
> * Finishing up keyboard mapping for iOS VM
> * Understanding how to have amber working with Pharo through AidaWeb
> * Trying out new stuff coming my way
> * Getting the InterpreterSimulator running into the image
>
> Phil

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

philippeback
Yeah, that's what you get by being your own boss :-)

Too bad I need to put bread on the table.

Hopefully this will be done using Pharo technology within a year or
two from now.

Phil

2013/3/12 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> sounds like a cool set of issues :)
>
> On Mar 12, 2013, at 5:04 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:
>>
>> * Trying out new image and messing around, reporting bugs in the process
>> * Reporting issues with the iOS VM build
>> * Getting the iOS VM to recognize a bluetooth keyboard
>> * Getting the VM to build for debian 6 amd64
>>
>> ### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):
>>
>> * Finishing up keyboard mapping for iOS VM
>> * Understanding how to have amber working with Pharo through AidaWeb
>> * Trying out new stuff coming my way
>> * Getting the InterpreterSimulator running into the image
>>
>> Phil

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Tudor Girba-2

First of all, I think this is a very cool initiative.

> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

- Working on getting Moose to work on Pharo 2.0
- Extended (and documented) the CommandLineHandler to run multiple tests based on context specific requirements
- Attracted sponsors for PharoConf + MooseDay to make the event free to attend
- Annoyed people with requests for giving talks and tutorial at PharoConf + MooseDay
- Brainstormed and reviewed with Andrei around a very cool (really :)) and modular debugger model

> ### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):
>
> - $NEXT_STEPS_TOWARDS_WORLD_DOMINATION
>
> (*) we'll be expecting results by then ;)

- Find a solution for running Moose on a Pharo 2.0-compatible VM
- Organize the PharoConf + MooseDay

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Things happen when they happen,
not when you talk about them happening."

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 12, 2013, at 9:04 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, I think this is a very cool initiative.

thanks
I really hope that it will improve our sharing and community building :)

Stef

>> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:
>
> - Working on getting Moose to work on Pharo 2.0
> - Extended (and documented) the CommandLineHandler to run multiple tests based on context specific requirements
> - Attracted sponsors for PharoConf + MooseDay to make the event free to attend
> - Annoyed people with requests for giving talks and tutorial at PharoConf + MooseDay
> - Brainstormed and reviewed with Andrei around a very cool (really :)) and modular debugger model
>
>> ### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):
>>
>> - $NEXT_STEPS_TOWARDS_WORLD_DOMINATION
>>
>> (*) we'll be expecting results by then ;)
>
> - Find a solution for running Moose on a Pharo 2.0-compatible VM
> - Organize the PharoConf + MooseDay
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Things happen when they happen,
> not when you talk about them happening."

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Tudor Girba-2
Actually, I would love to get this mechanism also for Moose. Would it be possible?

Cheers,
Doru

On Mar 12, 2013, at 10:15 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2013, at 9:04 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First of all, I think this is a very cool initiative.
>

> thanks
> I really hope that it will improve our sharing and community building :)
>
> Stef
>

>>> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:
>>
>> - Working on getting Moose to work on Pharo 2.0
>> - Extended (and documented) the CommandLineHandler to run multiple tests based on context specific requirements
>> - Attracted sponsors for PharoConf + MooseDay to make the event free to attend
>> - Annoyed people with requests for giving talks and tutorial at PharoConf + MooseDay
>> - Brainstormed and reviewed with Andrei around a very cool (really :)) and modular debugger model
>>
>>> ### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):
>>>
>>> - $NEXT_STEPS_TOWARDS_WORLD_DOMINATION
>>>
>>> (*) we'll be expecting results by then ;)
>>
>> - Find a solution for running Moose on a Pharo 2.0-compatible VM
>> - Organize the PharoConf + MooseDay
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Things happen when they happen,
>> not when you talk about them happening."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Stephan Eggermont-3
### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

- Added a storymap view to StoryBoard. Stories can now be added to a goal of a stakeholder. (+Diego Lont)
- Accepted proposal to show debugger-driven TDD at Devnology meetup April 3 in Eindhoven (+Willem van den Ende)
- Created proposal for a distributed issue tracker GSoC  with Diego
- Did a spike for a distributed issue tracker with Diego
- Convinced Diego to go to Pharo & Moose Days and show TutorialBrowser & Data Conversion with MOOSE
- Did a spike with a gherkin glamour browser, tried moving it to latest pharo/MOOSE/vm :)

### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):

- publish distributed issue tracker spike
- prepare presentations with Diego
- parse gherkin files, visualize as roassal nested polymetric views

Stephan

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Damien Pollet
On 12 March 2013 22:43, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Actually, I would love to get this mechanism also for Moose. Would it be possible?

is there a server for moose that could run it, or do you prefer I just make a copy of it on ours?

Damien Pollet

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 12 Mar 2013, at 16:53, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to coordinate efforts.  Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn discussions thereafter!
>
> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

- helped with the Pharo 2.0 release by testing, discussing and fixing issues
- did a couple of Zinc/Zdc releases with cleanups for integration in Pharo 2.0
- delivered Zinc-SSO with Jan van de Sandt
- general Zinc support as a fundamental Pharo framework
- Zinc feature extensions (often by request)
- switched to using Metacello configurations and the new command line features of Pharo 2.0 to build server images
- cleaned up all my public code for Pharo 2.0 (NeoCSV, NeoJSON, STON, ZTimestamp)
- added an SNTP client to ZTimestamp

> ### What's next, until 2013-03-24 (*):

- update Zinc documentation before PharoConf
- extent ZnUrl>>#/ for Sean
- help finalize Pharo 2.0 release
- help start Pharo 3.0
- maybe do another Zinc update/sync
- try to keep up with all Pharo infrastructure changes
- learn from a gazillion interesting things happening in the Pharo community
- continue giving support
- realize some of my dreams (too much ideas, too little time)

> (*) we'll be expecting results by then ;)

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Stephan Eggermont-3
Sean wrote
>- Proof-of-concept at ESUG to enhance FileTree/Cypress for VW <-> Pharo
>porting, automatically converting between prefixes and namespaces; Cami and
>I were able to load the newest version of Xstreams from VW, and then commit
>it again in a cross platform format that could (I think, not tested) be
>loaded in VW

Great. Did you contact Christian Haider to try with his PDF library?
That would solve one of the obstacles to getting a really good pdf
library in Pharo. The other being of course the coupling to VW drawing.

Stephan

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

stephane ducasse
Sven

- update Zinc documentation before PharoConf

It would be good if you could edit the pier.txt so that we can see if you handle it.
I have a list of remarks still pending that I always wanted to add to your documents.

On 14 Mar 2013, at 16:53, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sven
>

>> - update Zinc documentation before PharoConf
>
> It would be good if you could edit the pier.txt so that we can see if you handle it.
> I have a list of remarks still pending that I always wanted to add to your documents.
>

> Stef

OK, I'll ask for the file and your comments when I actually start.

Re: WhatsUp from: 2013-03-11 until: 2013-03-24

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stephan Eggermont wrote
Great. Did you contact Christian Haider to try with his PDF library?
No, but I did briefly look into porting it manually and quickly ran into the namespace issue!

This is on the back burner for now, but if anyone takes it up, contact me and I'll find the code we did, which is working but should be refactored to be well-integrated into the system.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean