WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

seaside
Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to coordinate efforts.  Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn discussions thereafter!

### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

- $HEROIC_ACHIEVEMENTS_OR_DISMAL_FAILURES_OR_SIMPLE_BORING_NECESSARY_TASKS

### What's next, until 2015-04-30 (*):

- $NEXT_STEPS_TOWARDS_WORLD_DOMINATION

(*) we'll be expecting results by then ;)

Re: WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

philippeback

More MongoTalk usage (and discovery that we have zero support for replicasets - anyone prove me wrong here...)

Significant Mapless + MongoMapless usage and being happy with it.

Got Roassal2 to export SVG+Javascript interactions as a Seaside component (this one asked made me sweat) + multibars histogram (multiple datasets at one).

Got a WATableReport subclass with bootstrap and mapless going nicely with sorting/pagination etc.

Looked into WAEmailMessage and friends and got the to work outside of the seaside app to send bunch of mails with proper external ConfigurationFile addresses and with MustacheTemplates (Norbert, thanks a lot for Mustache!!).

Some more CommandLineHandler commands. This CLI thing is nice. I want more.

Wrote doc in Pillar for the above.

Tested Pharo 4 Image + VM on CentOS 6.x - works!

Next:

Some SDL2 expermiments
Trying to build my app on Pharo4
Hopefully some Woden.

Phil

Le 20 avr. 2015 07:00, <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to coordinate efforts.  Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn discussions thereafter!
>
> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:
>
> - $HEROIC_ACHIEVEMENTS_OR_DISMAL_FAILURES_OR_SIMPLE_BORING_NECESSARY_TASKS
>
> ### What's next, until 2015-04-30 (*):
>
> - $NEXT_STEPS_TOWARDS_WORLD_DOMINATION
>
> (*) we'll be expecting results by then ;)

Re: WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

stepharo
Hi phil

just that you know what we are doing

     - Mathieu Lacatou an intern from Thales should be visiting the team
for 10 days to pair program with esteban
     about the OSWindow multi-windowing support

     - JB and Merwan are extending the OSWindow touch support, like
generating scroll events

     - JB is working on Woden and adding some shadders for 3D demoes.

     - Christopher Coat (who is with us for a month) should see how it
interacts with Blob (OSC, TIO) and how we can
     mix both. Probably by having multiple driver one for sdl and one
for blob.

     - Igor should start to revisit OSWindow logic (events....).

Re: WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

stepharo

> Hi! We're sending this automatic email twice a month, to give the community an opportunity to easily know what's happening and to coordinate efforts.  Just answer informally, and feel free to spawn discussions thereafter!
>
> ### Here's what I've been up to since the last WhatsUp:

- Lectures at Montpellier
- Advanced Design Lectures at Lviv
- Teaching handson with Pharo at Inria
- Advanced Design to Inria engineers
- Sent tinychat article to linux mag
     (currently translating it)
- Pillar ideas
- Mooc brainstorming
> ### What's next, until 2015-04-30 (*):
>
> - $NEXT_STEPS_TOWARDS_WORLD_DOMINATION

Resuming work around Pharo
     - spec cleaning
     - hacking with guille on bootstrap for Pharo 50
     - cleaning
     - Mooc brainstorming continued

Re: WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

SergeStinckwich
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi phil
>
> just that you know what we are doing
>
>     - Mathieu Lacatou an intern from Thales should be visiting the team for
> 10 days to pair program with esteban
>     about the OSWindow multi-windowing support
>
>     - JB and Merwan are extending the OSWindow touch support, like
> generating scroll events
>
>     - JB is working on Woden and adding some shadders for 3D demoes.

I will have a new guy from Senegal starting to work tomorrow in my lab
on using GPU and Wooden for doing SPH&epidemiological modeling.
How to coordinate all these activities ?

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

Dmitri Zagidulin
I've been:

- Helping out with updating the UPBE book to catch it up with the Pharo 4.0 release.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi phil
>
> just that you know what we are doing
>
>     - Mathieu Lacatou an intern from Thales should be visiting the team for
> 10 days to pair program with esteban
>     about the OSWindow multi-windowing support
>
>     - JB and Merwan are extending the OSWindow touch support, like
> generating scroll events
>
>     - JB is working on Woden and adding some shadders for 3D demoes.

I will have a new guy from Senegal starting to work tomorrow in my lab
on using GPU and Wooden for doing SPH&epidemiological modeling.
How to coordinate all these activities ?

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

stepharo

>> Hi phil
>>
>> just that you know what we are doing
>>
>>      - Mathieu Lacatou an intern from Thales should be visiting the team for
>> 10 days to pair program with esteban
>>      about the OSWindow multi-windowing support
>>
>>      - JB and Merwan are extending the OSWindow touch support, like
>> generating scroll events
>>
>>      - JB is working on Woden and adding some shadders for 3D demoes.
> I will have a new guy from Senegal starting to work tomorrow in my lab
> on using GPU and Wooden for doing SPH&epidemiological modeling.
> How to coordinate all these activities ?

Cool :)
I do not know
For now he should have a look at Woden, JB  planned to make a CI.
But he was blocked because of a bug in the old version of Metacello that
we use.
So as soon as Metacello is updated, JB can continue his build.

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

stepharo

Le 20/4/15 21:52, Dmitri Zagidulin a écrit :
I've been:

Cool!

- Helping out with updating the UPBE book to catch it up with the Pharo 4.0 release.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi phil
>
> just that you know what we are doing
>
>     - Mathieu Lacatou an intern from Thales should be visiting the team for
> 10 days to pair program with esteban
>     about the OSWindow multi-windowing support
>
>     - JB and Merwan are extending the OSWindow touch support, like
> generating scroll events
>
>     - JB is working on Woden and adding some shadders for 3D demoes.

I will have a new guy from Senegal starting to work tomorrow in my lab
on using GPU and Wooden for doing SPH&epidemiological modeling.
How to coordinate all these activities ?

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: WhatsUp from: 2015-04-20 until: 2015-04-30

stepharo
From what I know:
the configruation of OSWindow in the repo is not loaded when there is a configuration in the image.
Kind of

"Every thing has its own flow"