Where Article by Andy/Blair on MVP vs MVC?

Where Article by Andy/Blair on MVP vs MVC?

Costas Menico-2
I had once found on article online about why Object-Arts  chose to go
with an MVP design instead of an MVC design for Dolphin. I believe it
was a presentation at some OOP conference.

There was also an article on performance of .

I tried finding them but to no avail. Does anyone know where I can
find these articles?

Thanks

Costas

Re: Where Article by Andy/Blair on MVP vs MVC?

Alain Fischer-3
Hi,

I have found two place where they discuss this:
http://www.object-arts.com/EducationCentre/Overviews/MVC.htm
http://www.object-arts.com/Papers/TwistingTheTriad.PDF

There is also the Taligent article about MVP:
http://www.ibm.com/java/education/mvp.pdf

And there is an good explanation from Andy in the newsgroup
(news.newcastle.ca/Dolphin.smalltalk or use DSDN):
  => Subject: Re: [Q] Design Patterns, MVP vs. MVC
  => Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:57:57 +0100

Have a nice day.
Alain Fischer

"Costas Menico" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans le message news:
[hidden email]...

> I had once found on article online about why Object-Arts  chose to go
> with an MVP design instead of an MVC design for Dolphin. I believe it
> was a presentation at some OOP conference.
>
> There was also an article on performance of .
>

> I tried finding them but to no avail. Does anyone know where I can
> find these articles?
>
> Thanks
>
> Costas

Re: Where Article by Andy/Blair on MVP vs MVC?

Stefan Matthias Aust
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:46:09 +0100, "Alain Fischer"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>There is also the Taligent article about MVP:
>http://www.ibm.com/java/education/mvp.pdf

This link doesn't work anymore.  Is there another way to get that
original document about MVP?  It looks like IBM doesn't know anything
about MVP anymore.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust \/ Truth Until Paradox

Re: Where Article by Andy/Blair on MVP vs MVC?

Robert A.M. van Lopik
I got it here, but I wonder whether it is appropriate to post a 138 kb
PDF-file to this group

rob van lopik

"Stefan Matthias Aust" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:+[hidden email]...

> On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:46:09 +0100, "Alain Fischer"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >There is also the Taligent article about MVP:
> >http://www.ibm.com/java/education/mvp.pdf
>
> This link doesn't work anymore.  Is there another way to get that
> original document about MVP?  It looks like IBM doesn't know anything
> about MVP anymore.
>
> bye
> --
> Stefan Matthias Aust \/ Truth Until Paradox

Re: Where Article by Andy/Blair on MVP vs MVC?

Kai Boellert
Stefan,

> This link doesn't work anymore.  Is there another way to get that
> original document about MVP?

The article on MVP has been moved to:

  http://www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/library/mvp.html

Regards
Kai

Re: Where Article by Andy/Blair on MVP vs MVC?

Stefan Matthias Aust
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:59:04 -0000, "Robert A.M. van Lopik"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>I got it here, but I wonder whether it is appropriate to post a 138 kb
>PDF-file to this group

I already found it using the URL Kai posted.  Thanks.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust \/ Truth Until Paradox