Where can I find the definition for #copyForRealMemento?

Where can I find the definition for #copyForRealMemento?

Rick Flower
It appears that this method should live in the object (or superclass)
that is to be Magritte rendered.. I can't find it in my Squeak image
but it is referenced by #pull as seen below..   Up to now I thought I
was using the RealMemento class as specified by #mementoClass
but just found that it needs to be defined on the instance side not
the class side so my #mementoClass method was not being called
until now.. Unfortunately now I get the DNU as indicated above..

MARealMemento>>pull
        "Utitlity method to copies the model into a cache populating nil
values with the defaults specified by the descriptions"

        | result |

        result := self model copyForRealMemento.

        result description do: [ :each |
                (result readUsing: each) ifNil: [ result update: each default using:
each ].
    ].

        ^ result

Re: Where can I find the definition for #copyForRealMemento?

keith1y
Richard E. Flower wrote:

> It appears that this method should live in the object (or superclass)
> that is to be Magritte rendered.. I can't find it in my Squeak image
> but it is referenced by #pull as seen below..   Up to now I thought I
> was using the RealMemento class as specified by #mementoClass
> but just found that it needs to be defined on the instance side not
> the class side so my #mementoClass method was not being called
> until now.. Unfortunately now I get the DNU as indicated above..
>
> MARealMemento>>pull
> "Utitlity method to copies the model into a cache populating nil
> values with the defaults specified by the descriptions"
>
> | result |
>
> result := self model copyForRealMemento.
>
> result description do: [ :each |
> (result readUsing: each) ifNil: [ result update: each default using:
> each ].
>     ].
>
> ^ result

I have added it to Object in the Magritte-RealMemento package

Keith

Re: Where can I find the definition for #copyForRealMemento?

Rick Flower
Thanks Keith.. That got me past this hurdle and it appears to work..