Where did the old IDE go?

laci
I have installed the latest version.
The old IDE is no longer available
   javascript:require("amber/helpers").Browser._open()

Am I missing something. Helios works but I prefer using the old interface.

My other issue is that the downloadable ZIP file is missing amber.js file.

Re: Where did the old IDE go?

Herby Vojčík

laci wrote:
> I have installed the latest version.
> The old IDE is no longer available
>     javascript:require("amber/helpers").Browser._open()

This is wrong use. amber/helpers returns an object which has
popupHelios function and vm and globals field as a published API.

Browser as well as all other Smalltalk globals are under globals.

> Am I missing something. Helios works but I prefer using the old interface.
>
> My other issue is that the downloadable ZIP file is missing amber.js file.

It's by design. amber.js is gone, config.js generated by `amber config`
command is the way to go.

Herby

Re: Where did the old IDE go?

laci
Well javascript:require("amber/helpers").globals.Browser returns undefined.

How to use the config.js?
I cannot find any documentation on that.

Re: Where did the old IDE go?

Herby Vojčík

laci <[hidden email]>napísal/a:

Well javascript:require("amber/helpers").globals.Browser returns undefined.

Then there is probably no Browser loaded, that is, IDE package must have failed to load.

How to use the config.js?
I cannot find any documentation on that.

There is none. It's new feature planned for 0.13. Docs are to be added yet. 0.12.6 is still using the old amber.js method.

Config.js only contains require.config call and is genetated by `amber config` command in the root directory of amber or conforming amber project. You can look into README of herby/amd-config-builder on github to read something about how it is assembled from xxx.amd.json files, if you want, ir's the only documentation available to date.

Tl;dr: don't use bleeding-edge amber to develop projects, only use it to contribute to amber itself (there it works fine). To develop projects use latest stable release 0.12.6.

Re: Where did the old IDE go?

laci
Thanks Herby. I'll keep that in mind and check out the stable release.