Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

There is a  tutorial for the Pillar document writing system [1]. The
Pharo 6 catalog entry shows that the Pillar syntax goes back to the
Pier CMS syntax of Lukas Renggli [2].

There is a syntax summary for the Pier CMS

          http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax   [3]

I assume that most this still applies for Pillar?
But I can imagine that there have here been updates / changes / extensions.

I am looking for a Pillar syntax summary ("cheat sheet").
Is this available somewhere?

Kind regards

Hannes

[1] https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/PillarChap/Pillar.html

[2]  Pharo 6.1 catalog entry for Pillar

Pillar is a wiki-like syntax, its document model, a parser for it, and
a set of exporters (e.g., HTML, LaTeX, Markdown...). Pillar is
primarily used as the wiki syntax behind the *Pier
CMS>http://piercms.com*. Pillar is also being used to write books:
e.g., *the Enterprise Pharo book>http://books.pharo.org/*.

The original creator of Pillar (formerly known as ''the syntax behind
the Pier CMS'') is Lukas Renggli. Nevertheless, *Damien
Cassou>[hidden email]* is now the maintainer. The website is
at *http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar*. Issues should be
reported to *https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar/issues*

[3] http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3700 has some information about Pier.
It refers to a Smallwiki mailing list which is active.

https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/

e.g. https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2016-November/008051.html
with an announcment 'Pier3 with latest Pillar'

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Stephane Ducasse-3
I do not know about a stylesheet.

Stef

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 9:25 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> There is a  tutorial for the Pillar document writing system [1]. The
> Pharo 6 catalog entry shows that the Pillar syntax goes back to the
> Pier CMS syntax of Lukas Renggli [2].
>
> There is a syntax summary for the Pier CMS
>
>           http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax   [3]
>
> I assume that most this still applies for Pillar?
> But I can imagine that there have here been updates / changes / extensions.
>
> I am looking for a Pillar syntax summary ("cheat sheet").
> Is this available somewhere?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Hannes
>

> [1] https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/PillarChap/Pillar.html
>
> [2]  Pharo 6.1 catalog entry for Pillar
>
> Pillar is a wiki-like syntax, its document model, a parser for it, and
> a set of exporters (e.g., HTML, LaTeX, Markdown...). Pillar is
> primarily used as the wiki syntax behind the *Pier
> CMS>http://piercms.com*. Pillar is also being used to write books:
> e.g., *the Enterprise Pharo book>http://books.pharo.org/*.
>
> The original creator of Pillar (formerly known as ''the syntax behind
> the Pier CMS'') is Lukas Renggli. Nevertheless, *Damien
> Cassou>[hidden email]* is now the maintainer. The website is
> at *http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar*. Issues should be
> reported to *https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar/issues*
>

> [3] http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3700 has some information about Pier.
> It refers to a Smallwiki mailing list which is active.
>
> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/
>
> e.g. https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2016-November/008051.html
> with an announcment 'Pier3 with latest Pillar'

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

CyrilFerlicot
Le 22/08/2017 à 09:25, H. Hirzel a écrit :

> Hello
>
> There is a  tutorial for the Pillar document writing system [1]. The
> Pharo 6 catalog entry shows that the Pillar syntax goes back to the
> Pier CMS syntax of Lukas Renggli [2].
>
> There is a syntax summary for the Pier CMS
>
>           http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax   [3]
>
> I assume that most this still applies for Pillar?
> But I can imagine that there have here been updates / changes / extensions.
>
> I am looking for a Pillar syntax summary ("cheat sheet").
> Is this available somewhere?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Hannes

Hi!

For everything before 2015 there is this one:

https://www.cheatography.com/benjaminvanryseghem/cheat-sheets/pillar/

But everything added after 2015 there is none :( Also there was a change
of syntax on the links but I don't remember which one. The correct
syntax should be in the PDF you referenced in [1].

I'll add an issue to the Pillar repo to create such a sheet but I will
not have the time to do it. (At least not now)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Cyril
I imagine that you refer to link ref with *@...*
Yes we should probably produce a stylesheet.

Now I'm busy finishing the new lecture.

Since we could not reproduce the Pillar image for Pharo 40 (because of
a bug in metacello) luc
pushed the Pharo mooc to Pharo 50.

Luc created a makefile producer from the pillar.conf and friday we will
do a day with damien on having the new makefile on all the booklets + travis.
So that I can have one way to do things for all the project.
I want to deprecate all the postBuild.sh creation in all the projects.

But lecture first

Stef

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Cyril Ferlicot D.
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 22/08/2017 à 09:25, H. Hirzel a écrit :
>> Hello
>>
>> There is a  tutorial for the Pillar document writing system [1]. The
>> Pharo 6 catalog entry shows that the Pillar syntax goes back to the
>> Pier CMS syntax of Lukas Renggli [2].
>>
>> There is a syntax summary for the Pier CMS
>>
>>           http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax   [3]
>>
>> I assume that most this still applies for Pillar?
>> But I can imagine that there have here been updates / changes / extensions.
>>
>> I am looking for a Pillar syntax summary ("cheat sheet").
>> Is this available somewhere?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Hannes
>>

> Hi!
>
> For everything before 2015 there is this one:
>
> https://www.cheatography.com/benjaminvanryseghem/cheat-sheets/pillar/
>
> But everything added after 2015 there is none :( Also there was a change
> of syntax on the links but I don't remember which one. The correct
> syntax should be in the PDF you referenced in [1].
>
> I'll add an issue to the Pillar repo to create such a sheet but I will
> not have the time to do it. (At least not now)
>

>> [1] https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/PillarChap/Pillar.html
>>
>> [2]  Pharo 6.1 catalog entry for Pillar
>>
>> Pillar is a wiki-like syntax, its document model, a parser for it, and
>> a set of exporters (e.g., HTML, LaTeX, Markdown...). Pillar is
>> primarily used as the wiki syntax behind the *Pier
>> CMS>http://piercms.com*. Pillar is also being used to write books:
>> e.g., *the Enterprise Pharo book>http://books.pharo.org/*.
>>
>> The original creator of Pillar (formerly known as ''the syntax behind
>> the Pier CMS'') is Lukas Renggli. Nevertheless, *Damien
>> Cassou>[hidden email]* is now the maintainer. The website is
>> at *http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar*. Issues should be
>> reported to *https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar/issues*
>>

>> [3] http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3700 has some information about Pier.
>> It refers to a Smallwiki mailing list which is active.
>>
>> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/
>>
>> e.g. https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2016-November/008051.html
>> with an announcment 'Pier3 with latest Pillar'
>>

> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Hannes Hirzel
Found the (incomplete) list on the last slide of

http://esug.org/data/ESUG2015/4%20thursday/1600-1630%20Pilar/Pillar.pdf

so far.

HH

On 8/22/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> the Pier CMS'') is Lukas Renggli. Nevertheless, *Damien
>>> Cassou>[hidden email]* is now the maintainer. The website is
>>> at *http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar*. Issues should be
>>> reported to *https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar/issues*
>>>

>>> [3] http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3700 has some information about Pier.
>>> It refers to a Smallwiki mailing list which is active.
>>>
>>> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/
>>>
>>> e.g.
>>> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2016-November/008051.html
>>> with an announcment 'Pier3 with latest Pillar'
>>>

>> --
>> Cyril Ferlicot
>> https://ferlicot.fr
>>
>> http://www.synectique.eu
>> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
>> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

alistairgrant
How about:

http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet

Cheers,
Alistair

On 23 August 2017 at 20:22, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Found the (incomplete) list on the last slide of
>
> http://esug.org/data/ESUG2015/4%20thursday/1600-1630%20Pilar/Pillar.pdf
>
> so far.
>
> HH
>

> On 8/22/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Cyril
>> I imagine that you refer to link ref with *@...*
>> Yes we should probably produce a stylesheet.
>>
>> Now I'm busy finishing the new lecture.
>>
>> Since we could not reproduce the Pillar image for Pharo 40 (because of
>> a bug in metacello) luc
>> pushed the Pharo mooc to Pharo 50.
>>
>> Luc created a makefile producer from the pillar.conf and friday we will
>> do a day with damien on having the new makefile on all the booklets +
>> travis.
>> So that I can have one way to do things for all the project.
>> I want to deprecate all the postBuild.sh creation in all the projects.
>>
>> But lecture first
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Cyril Ferlicot D.
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> For everything before 2015 there is this one:
>>>
>>> https://www.cheatography.com/benjaminvanryseghem/cheat-sheets/pillar/
>>>
>>> But everything added after 2015 there is none :( Also there was a change
>>> of syntax on the links but I don't remember which one. The correct
>>> syntax should be in the PDF you referenced in [1].
>>>
>>> I'll add an issue to the Pillar repo to create such a sheet but I will
>>> not have the time to do it. (At least not now)

>>> --
>>> Cyril Ferlicot
>>> https://ferlicot.fr
>>>
>>> http://www.synectique.eu
>>> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
>>> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Hannes Hirzel
Thanks, it is useful.
Date is 24 June 2014.
Not sure if it is the latest version for what I have now in Pharo 6.

--Hannes

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 09:11:47PM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:
> Thanks, it is useful.
> Date is 24 June 2014.
> Not sure if it is the latest version for what I have now in Pharo 6.
>
> --Hannes

True, but it only covers the basic text mark-up and I don't think that
has changed recently.  Anyway, I haven't found anything wrong with it in
Pharo 6 & 7 (admittedly, with only basic pillar usage).

Cheers,
Alistair

> On 8/23/17, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > How about:
> >
> > http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Alistair

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Stephane Ducasse-3
+Handling all the cases: summing a die/die handle with a die/die
handle .>file://figures/DieDoubleDispatchFull.pdf|width=70|label=figDieDoubleDispatchFull+

See Figure *@figDieDoubleDispatchFull* for internal ref is missing.

Two Column is missing. I do not know it works in Latex.

I will try to create one a new style sheet.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 9:46 PM, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 09:11:47PM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Thanks, it is useful.
>> Date is 24 June 2014.
>> Not sure if it is the latest version for what I have now in Pharo 6.
>>
>> --Hannes
>
> True, but it only covers the basic text mark-up and I don't think that
> has changed recently.  Anyway, I haven't found anything wrong with it in
> Pharo 6 & 7 (admittedly, with only basic pillar usage).
>
> Cheers,
> Alistair
>

>> On 8/23/17, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > How about:
>> >
>> > http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Alistair

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Hannes Hirzel
Alistair,

Thank you for the link to the Pillar syntax summary

     http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet

and the confirmation that the constructs there work in Pharo 6 & 7 for
basic cases. This is fine for me at the moment.

Stephan D
Thanks for being ready to check the full feature support in Pillar.

A suggestion:
A new style sheet could come as well together with a test document
(with version indication included) for the Pillar parser.

Then it is straightforward to determine if a particular Pillar
installation supports a particular Pillar markup version.

The Pillar-Tests-PetitPillar package tests individual features but not
all in one go. If we have a test case which tests all features in one
go it has a triple function:
1) It is a syntax summary of all features.
2) It serves as a living documentation.
3) It helps to determine if a particular pillar installation in an
image supports a particular Pillar version.

--Hannes

Pillar-Tests_PetitPillar_Pharo6.1_Screenshot from 2017-08-24.png (202K) Download Attachment

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Good suggestion.
Now I have no time for pillar per se. Now if you do it I will add it
to pillar without hesitation.
Tomorrow we will
   use bintray for all the projects to save the pdf (booklet, books).
   migrate the mooc to the makefile generator developed by luc.
   make sure that it works for Pillar 50 and 60.
   migrate other pillar projects to use the same.

BTW we do not really want to have multiple version of the syntax.
For example Pillar 50 and 60 are the same from a syntax point of view.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alistair,
>
> Thank you for the link to the Pillar syntax summary
>
>      http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet
>
> and the confirmation that the constructs there work in Pharo 6 & 7 for
> basic cases. This is fine for me at the moment.
>

> Stephan D
> Thanks for being ready to check the full feature support in Pillar.
>
> A suggestion:
> A new style sheet could come as well together with a test document
> (with version indication included) for the Pillar parser.
>
> Then it is straightforward to determine if a particular Pillar
> installation supports a particular Pillar markup version.
>
> The Pillar-Tests-PetitPillar package tests individual features but not
> all in one go. If we have a test case which tests all features in one
> go it has a triple function:
> 1) It is a syntax summary of all features.
> 2) It serves as a living documentation.
> 3) It helps to determine if a particular pillar installation in an
> image supports a particular Pillar version.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 8/23/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +Handling all the cases: summing a die/die handle with a die/die
>> handle
>> .>file://figures/DieDoubleDispatchFull.pdf|width=70|label=figDieDoubleDispatchFull+
>>
>> See Figure *@figDieDoubleDispatchFull* for internal ref is missing.
>>
>> Two Column is missing. I do not know it works in Latex.
>>
>> I will try to create one a new style sheet.
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 9:46 PM, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> True, but it only covers the basic text mark-up and I don't think that
>>> has changed recently.  Anyway, I haven't found anything wrong with it in
>>> Pharo 6 & 7 (admittedly, with only basic pillar usage).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alistair

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Hannes Hirzel
At the moment my interest is to have a description of all the Pillar
syntax features Pharo 5 and 6 supports.

a) in an example document
b) as a list

As for Pillar syntax versions:

I can imagine that there have been changes in the past. I just don't know.
And there might be changes in the future. So a version indication is
helpful even if it just says that Pharo 6 supports the same Pillar
version as it was in Pharo x (x = 2,3,4,5 ?).

On 8/24/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good suggestion.
> Now I have no time for pillar per se. Now if you do it I will add it
> to pillar without hesitation.
> Tomorrow we will
>    use bintray for all the projects to save the pdf (booklet, books).
>    migrate the mooc to the makefile generator developed by luc.
>    make sure that it works for Pillar 50 and 60.
>    migrate other pillar projects to use the same.
>
> BTW we do not really want to have multiple version of the syntax.
> For example Pillar 50 and 60 are the same from a syntax point of view.
>
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Alistair,
>>
>> Thank you for the link to the Pillar syntax summary
>>
>>      http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet
>>
>> and the confirmation that the constructs there work in Pharo 6 & 7 for
>> basic cases. This is fine for me at the moment.
>>

>> Stephan D
>> Thanks for being ready to check the full feature support in Pillar.
>>
>> A suggestion:
>> A new style sheet could come as well together with a test document
>> (with version indication included) for the Pillar parser.
>>
>> Then it is straightforward to determine if a particular Pillar
>> installation supports a particular Pillar markup version.
>>
>> The Pillar-Tests-PetitPillar package tests individual features but not
>> all in one go. If we have a test case which tests all features in one
>> go it has a triple function:
>> 1) It is a syntax summary of all features.
>> 2) It serves as a living documentation.
>> 3) It helps to determine if a particular pillar installation in an
>> image supports a particular Pillar version.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 8/23/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> +Handling all the cases: summing a die/die handle with a die/die
>>> handle
>>> .>file://figures/DieDoubleDispatchFull.pdf|width=70|label=figDieDoubleDispatchFull+
>>>
>>> See Figure *@figDieDoubleDispatchFull* for internal ref is missing.
>>>
>>> Two Column is missing. I do not know it works in Latex.
>>>
>>> I will try to create one a new style sheet.

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Stephane Ducasse-3
the most up to date description is in the web perspective book and not
much changed since then.
We are picky when it is about the changing the syntax so it nearly did
not change.

Stef

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:55 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At the moment my interest is to have a description of all the Pillar
> syntax features Pharo 5 and 6 supports.
>
> a) in an example document
> b) as a list
>
> As for Pillar syntax versions:
>
> I can imagine that there have been changes in the past. I just don't know.
> And there might be changes in the future. So a version indication is
> helpful even if it just says that Pharo 6 supports the same Pillar
> version as it was in Pharo x (x = 2,3,4,5 ?).
>
> On 8/24/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Good suggestion.
>> Now I have no time for pillar per se. Now if you do it I will add it
>> to pillar without hesitation.
>> Tomorrow we will
>>    use bintray for all the projects to save the pdf (booklet, books).
>>    migrate the mooc to the makefile generator developed by luc.
>>    make sure that it works for Pillar 50 and 60.
>>    migrate other pillar projects to use the same.
>>
>> BTW we do not really want to have multiple version of the syntax.
>> For example Pillar 50 and 60 are the same from a syntax point of view.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Alistair,
>>>
>>> Thank you for the link to the Pillar syntax summary
>>>
>>>      http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet
>>>
>>> and the confirmation that the constructs there work in Pharo 6 & 7 for
>>> basic cases. This is fine for me at the moment.
>>>

>>> Stephan D
>>> Thanks for being ready to check the full feature support in Pillar.
>>>
>>> A suggestion:
>>> A new style sheet could come as well together with a test document
>>> (with version indication included) for the Pillar parser.
>>>
>>> Then it is straightforward to determine if a particular Pillar
>>> installation supports a particular Pillar markup version.
>>>
>>> The Pillar-Tests-PetitPillar package tests individual features but not
>>> all in one go. If we have a test case which tests all features in one
>>> go it has a triple function:
>>> 1) It is a syntax summary of all features.
>>> 2) It serves as a living documentation.
>>> 3) It helps to determine if a particular pillar installation in an
>>> image supports a particular Pillar version.
>>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Hannes Hirzel
Stephane

I went to the Pharo book web site,

Enterprise Pharo - a web perspective
Enterprise Pharo is the third volume of the series.

This link

http://files.pharo.org/books/enterprise-pharo/

and clicked on 'Pillar'

and for

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/Pillar/Pillar.html

got HTTP ERROR 404

I think you are currently updating the book and that there are also PDFs.

How can I get at a recent version? Integration server? Where?

--Hannes

On 8/26/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> the most up to date description is in the web perspective book and not
> much changed since then.
> We are picky when it is about the changing the syntax so it nearly did
> not change.
>
> Stef
>
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:55 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> At the moment my interest is to have a description of all the Pillar
>> syntax features Pharo 5 and 6 supports.
>>
>> a) in an example document
>> b) as a list
>>
>> As for Pillar syntax versions:
>>
>> I can imagine that there have been changes in the past. I just don't
>> know.
>> And there might be changes in the future. So a version indication is
>> helpful even if it just says that Pharo 6 supports the same Pillar
>> version as it was in Pharo x (x = 2,3,4,5 ?).
>>
>> On 8/24/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Good suggestion.
>>> Now I have no time for pillar per se. Now if you do it I will add it
>>> to pillar without hesitation.
>>> Tomorrow we will
>>>    use bintray for all the projects to save the pdf (booklet, books).
>>>    migrate the mooc to the makefile generator developed by luc.
>>>    make sure that it works for Pillar 50 and 60.
>>>    migrate other pillar projects to use the same.
>>>
>>> BTW we do not really want to have multiple version of the syntax.
>>> For example Pillar 50 and 60 are the same from a syntax point of view.

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Hannes Hirzel
P.S. Important Pillar links I have collected last week

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/blob/master/wiki/contents/projects.md#pharo-projects-on-smalltalkhub

Includes this one
http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet
Alistair writes it is fine in Pharo 6 for what he is using it for.

In particular I am interested in adding pictures which are within the
Pharo image.

On 8/28/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stephane
>
> I went to the Pharo book web site,
>
> Enterprise Pharo - a web perspective
> Enterprise Pharo is the third volume of the series.
>
> This link
>
> http://files.pharo.org/books/enterprise-pharo/
>
> and clicked on 'Pillar'
>
> and for
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/Pillar/Pillar.html
>
> got HTTP ERROR 404
>
> I think you are currently updating the book and that there are also PDFs.
>
> How can I get at a recent version? Integration server? Where?
>
> --Hannes
>

> On 8/26/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> the most up to date description is in the web perspective book and not
>> much changed since then.
>> We are picky when it is about the changing the syntax so it nearly did
>> not change.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:55 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> At the moment my interest is to have a description of all the Pillar
>>> syntax features Pharo 5 and 6 supports.
>>>
>>> a) in an example document
>>> b) as a list
>>>
>>> As for Pillar syntax versions:
>>>
>>> I can imagine that there have been changes in the past. I just don't
>>> know.
>>> And there might be changes in the future. So a version indication is
>>> helpful even if it just says that Pharo 6 supports the same Pillar
>>> version as it was in Pharo x (x = 2,3,4,5 ?).

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Hannes Hirzel
Found the Pillar chapter of the Pharo enterprise book ("A web
perspective") by following the link on the wiki

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/blob/master/wiki/contents/projects.md#pharo-projects-on-smalltalkhub

then

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/PillarChap/

Then https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/PillarChap/Pillar.html

So the information is somewhat hidden but available and only the link
from the Pharo books website is broken.....

On 8/28/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> P.S. Important Pillar links I have collected last week
>
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/blob/master/wiki/contents/projects.md#pharo-projects-on-smalltalkhub
>
> Includes this one
> http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/pillarhub/pillarcheatsheet
> Alistair writes it is fine in Pharo 6 for what he is using it for.
>
> In particular I am interested in adding pictures which are within the
> Pharo image.
>
> On 8/28/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Stephane
>>
>> I went to the Pharo book web site,
>>
>> Enterprise Pharo - a web perspective
>> Enterprise Pharo is the third volume of the series.
>>
>> This link
>>
>> http://files.pharo.org/books/enterprise-pharo/
>>
>> and clicked on 'Pillar'
>>
>> and for
>>
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/Pillar/Pillar.html
>>
>> got HTTP ERROR 404
>>
>> I think you are currently updating the book and that there are also PDFs.
>>
>> How can I get at a recent version? Integration server? Where?
>>
>> --Hannes
>>

>> On 8/26/17, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> the most up to date description is in the web perspective book and not
>>> much changed since then.
>>> We are picky when it is about the changing the syntax so it nearly did
>>> not change.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Where do I find a Pillar syntax summary?

Stephane Ducasse-3
All the pharo books I produced are in github/SquareBracketAssociates
and the pdf are on books.pharo.org
Now I made sure that the bintray produces pdf so that people can see
the pdf once they edit commit the file