Where does Pharo run?

Steve Zara
I have some projects that I am thinking of using Pharo for - going back
to Smalltalk after decades away!  However, I need to know that Pharo is
available on the platforms I am writing for:

Is Pharo available for Linux on 32-bit and 64-bit ARM ?

Thanks.

Re: Where does Pharo run?

BrunoBB
Hi,

After searching a little bit i found:
https://medium.com/concerning-pharo/pharo-pi-9eef257b6a21

But maybe some from Pharo VM can address ARM subject in more detail...

regards,
bruno

Re: Where does Pharo run?

Ben Coman
On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 02:33, Steve Zara <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have some projects that I am thinking of using Pharo for - going back
> to Smalltalk after decades away!  However, I need to know that Pharo is
> available on the platforms I am writing for:
>
> Is Pharo available for Linux on 32-bit and 64-bit ARM ?

Nice find by Bruno.  I haven't run Pharo on ARM, but support seems
available since around 2015...
http://forum.world.st/ARM-Cogit-td4821228.html

And ARM builds are a run as part of the VM integration testing...
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/.travis.yml#L100

cheers -ben