Where is the cache repository located ? Easy way to maintain content of cache ?

Where is the cache repository located ? Easy way to maintain content of cache ?

GLASS mailing list

I would like to know, where the content of the cache repository is located. Within the database ? Somewhere on disc ?

I've a faulty member in this structure and would like to know, how to remove a package from that repository.

Marten

Re: Where is the cache repository located ? Easy way to maintain content of cache ?

GLASS mailing list

Marten,

You can find the cache repository being used by evaluating:

  MCCacheRepository default

For GemStone, we arrange for the cacheRepository to be stored in the repo as MCDictionaryRepository.

The easiest way to flush the cache is to use the tODE command `mr flush`. Otherwise you can execute the following:

  MCRepositoryGroup default repositoriesDo: [ :rep | rep flushCache ].

  System commit

Dale

On 2/2/17 7:39 AM, Marten Feldtmann via Glass wrote:

I would like to know, where the content of the cache repository is located. Within the database ? Somewhere on disc ?

I've a faulty member in this structure and would like to know, how to remove a package from that repository.

Marten

Re: Where is the cache repository located ? Easy way to maintain content of cache ?

GLASS mailing list

All these packages are stored in the database ?

Marten

Dale Henrichs via Glass <[hidden email]> hat am 2. Februar 2017 um 16:48 geschrieben:

[...]

By default yes ... at the end of the day they end up on disk either way and they only get into the SPC when you reference them and you are a "flush away" from removing them from the repository ...

Running the `gs flushCaches --hard` command or executing the following:

    ObjectLogEntry initialize.
    MCRepositoryGroup default repositoriesDo: [ :rep | rep flushCache ].
    MCDefinition clearInstances.
    MCMethodDefinition cachedDefinitions
      removeKeys: MCMethodDefinition cachedDefinitions keys.
    MCMethodDefinition shutDown.
    MethodVersionHistory uniqueInstance cleanUp.
    TDTopezServer clearPersistentElementCacheStack

is a good idea if you are concerned about cleaning up in-repository caches. If you are not using the tODE command, keep an eye on the TDGemStoneTool>>gsFlushCaches: method for the up-to-date list of candidate caches ...

Dale