Where's the latest Swazoo code?

Mark A. Schwenk
I'd like to download the latest Swazoo code for porting to other platforms.
Where can I find the latest source?

Do we have tests for Swazoo yet?

What platforms have been ported to so far?

-Mark Schwenk
  WellThot Inc.

Re: Where's the latest Swazoo code?

Ken Treis-4
Hi Mark,

So far, we have Swazoo running on Dolphin and VisualWorks (5i.3/4).
 Squeak and GemStone ports have been worked on, but I can't really give
you a status update for those (I think the GemStone work is close).

If you want the VisualWorks code, let me know and I'll get it to you.
 If you're interested in one of the other ports, post back to the list
and somebody else should be able to help you.

Ken

Mark A. Schwenk wrote:

> I'd like to download the latest Swazoo code for porting to other
> platforms. Where can I find the latest source?
>
> Do we have tests for Swazoo yet?
>
> What platforms have been ported to so far?
>
> -Mark Schwenk
>  WellThot Inc.

Re: Where's the latest Swazoo code?

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Mark and Ken,

The most current version of the Dolphin port is part of the Spray download
at:
http://www.dolphinharbor.org/qad/spray/sprayDownload.html

On my todo list between now and CS4 is to remove as many of the differences
in Dolphin version, and make the following list smaller:
http://www.dolphinharbor.org:8080/SwazooDocumentation/5

I will also do some repackaging for a stand-alone download of Dolphin
Swazoo.

Thanks,
Steve Waring
www.dolphinharbor.org

At 07:13 PM 3/2/2002 -0800, Ken Treis wrote:

>Hi Mark,
>
>So far, we have Swazoo running on Dolphin and VisualWorks (5i.3/4). Squeak
>and GemStone ports have been worked on, but I can't really give you a
>status update for those (I think the GemStone work is close).
>
>If you want the VisualWorks code, let me know and I'll get it to you. If
>you're interested in one of the other ports, post back to the list and
>somebody else should be able to help you.
>

>Ken

Please send me the current VisualWorks code or a link to it. Thanks!

-Mark Schwenk
  WellThot Inc.

Re: Where's the latest Swazoo code?

Joseph Bacanskas-3
Hi Ken, et. al.:

With CS4 rocketing at us, let's try and get a SourceForge/StORE open
repository release out.  If you want me to take care of either of those, let
me know.  In any case, please send me the code, too.

BTW - There was a request on CLS for a 1 paragraph description of SWAZOO.  I
feel like I'm too out of touch to suppy it.  Would anyone care to send one?

Cheers!!

On Saturday 02 March 2002 07:13 pm, Ken Treis wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> So far, we have Swazoo running on Dolphin and VisualWorks (5i.3/4).
>  Squeak and GemStone ports have been worked on, but I can't really give
> you a status update for those (I think the GemStone work is close).
>
> If you want the VisualWorks code, let me know and I'll get it to you.
>  If you're interested in one of the other ports, post back to the list
> and somebody else should be able to help you.
>

> Ken
>
> Mark A. Schwenk wrote:
>
> > I'd like to download the latest Swazoo code for porting to other
> > platforms. Where can I find the latest source?
> >
> > Do we have tests for Swazoo yet?
> >
> > What platforms have been ported to so far?
> >
> > -Mark Schwenk
> >  WellThot Inc.

Thanks!!
Joseph Bacanskas [|]
--- I use Smalltalk.  My amp goes to eleven.

Re: Where's the latest Swazoo code?

Ken Treis-4
OK, my current VW code is published in the Cincom Public StORE.
 Instructions for repository access are here:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/Public+StORE+Access

There's a bundle in there called Swazoo; it contains three packages:

- Swazoo-Core: The stuff that's more-or-less intended to be
cross-platform.  If there are compatibility problems in here (i.e.,
stuff that's specific to VisualWorks), let's fix them!

- Swazoo-VisualWorks: The VW-specific stuff.

- Swazoo-Tests: All of our SUnit tests.  Prereqs are broken right now
(it doesn't explicitly spell out that you need SUnit), but I'll fix that
in a few minutes here.

I've also made a few comments on the DolphinHarbor wiki page that Steve
W. posted a link for.  I'd also like to bring our various branches back
to as much convergence as possible.

Ken