Where should I put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic

Where should I put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic

melkyades
Hi, I made a very basic ConfigurationOfGLMorphic that manages it's dependency on FFI. Where should I upload this configuration now?

Regards,
           Javier.

--
Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Re: Where should I put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic

Igor Stasenko
2010/5/21 Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>:
> Hi, I made a very basic ConfigurationOfGLMorphic that manages it's
> dependency on FFI. Where should I upload this configuration now?

Feel free to upload it into GLMorphic repository.

> Regards,
>            Javier.
>
> --
> Javier Pimás
> Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Where should I put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/5/21 Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>
Hi, I made a very basic ConfigurationOfGLMorphic that manages it's dependency on FFI. Where should I upload this configuration now?

Hi Javier. Here I attach a first not-yet-draft chapter of Metacello. There you will find the answer ;)   (feedback is welcome!!!)

But in sumary, you should commit to the repository of the same project. In your case, as Igor said, to GLMorphic repository.
There you can commit your development changes to the configuration. Once you have a released version, you just copy it to MetacelloConfiguration repository.

Cheers

Mariano

Regards,
           Javier.

--
Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Metacello.pdf (306K) Download Attachment

Re: Where should I put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic

The process we envision is the following one.

        - add it to your project
        - then we will create
                Pharo10MetacelloRepository
                Pharo11MetacelloRepository

        and you will publish it there too.

On May 21, 2010, at 5:01 AM, Javier Pimás wrote:

> Hi, I made a very basic ConfigurationOfGLMorphic that manages it's dependency on FFI. Where should I upload this configuration now?
>
> Regards,
>            Javier.
>
> --
> Javier Pimás
> Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Re: Where should I put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic

melkyades
Wow, this is brilliant! it it'd have been of great help yesterday ;)
        I gave it a quick look an there's one thing I still don't know how to do. I need to put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic inside GLMorphic package, but as it isn't in any GLMorphic-* category it isn't automatically detected by monticello. I don't see any button to add a class or category to the package. What should I do?

thanks,
        javier.

2010/5/21 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

[...]

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Don't put it in the same package?
Doesn't really make sense to have the configuration for how to load a package be part of the package itself...
(though, it does make sense to keep them in the same repository)

Cheers,
Henry

Den 21. mai 2010 kl. 17.52 skrev Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>:

[...]

I am glad you like it.

        I gave it a quick look an there's one thing I still don't know how to do. I need to put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic inside GLMorphic package, but as it isn't in any GLMorphic-* category it isn't automatically detected by monticello. I don't see any button to add a class or category to the package. What should I do?

I don't know if I understood. I would recommend just to create a particular package in the same repository called ConfigurationOfGLMorphic where you put your class. Then your class will be in such package and will have also that category. This is what Henrik told you.

Tell us if it is not yet clear.

Cheers

Mariano

[...]

Ok, I was doing it wrong, trying to put Conf.. in the same package as GLMorphic. I hadn't undestood that the left part of the repo window (when you click open) were actually packages and that you could create many packages and upload them to the same repository... now its done right!

Thank's all for the help.

2010/5/22 Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>:
> Ok, I was doing it wrong, trying to put Conf.. in the same package as
> GLMorphic. I hadn't undestood that the left part of the repo window (when
> you click open) were actually packages and that you could create many
> packages and upload them to the same repository... now its done right!
>
> Thank's all for the help.

Yes, you seem did the right thing:

Packages

    * ConfigurationOfGLMorphic
    * GLMorphic

> Javier.
>
> 2010/5/21 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>>

>> 2010/5/21 Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Wow, this is brilliant! it it'd have been of great help yesterday ;)
>>
>> I am glad you like it.
>>

>>>         I gave it a quick look an there's one thing I still don't know
>>> how to do. I need to put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic inside GLMorphic package,
>>> but as it isn't in any GLMorphic-* category it isn't automatically detected
>>> by monticello. I don't see any button to add a class or category to the
>>> package. What should I do?
>>>

>> I don't know if I understood. I would recommend just to create a
>> particular package in the same repository called ConfigurationOfGLMorphic
>> where you put your class. Then your class will be in such package and will
>> have also that category. This is what Henrik told you.
>>
>> Tell us if it is not yet clear.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Mariano
>>

>>> thanks,
>>>         javier.

>>> --
>>> Javier Pimás
>>> Ciudad de Buenos Aires

> Javier Pimás
> Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Where should I put ConfigurationOfGLMorphic

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/5/22 Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>
Ok, I was doing it wrong, trying to put Conf.. in the same package as GLMorphic. I hadn't undestood that the left part of the repo window (when you click open) were actually packages and that you could create many packages and upload them to the same repository... now its done right!

There was an ANN last week about a new draft about Monticello for Pharo By Example 2   ;)
Now you have Monticello and Metacello chapters haha

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27018/Monticello.pdf

Cheers

Mariano