Where to find Strongtalk specyfication+implementation ???

Where to find Strongtalk specyfication+implementation ???

Wojciech Zaborowski
Hi all

I am on the way to understanding that some form of typechecking
could be good in smalltalk. It seems like something has already been
done in this field and here I have "Strongtalk" in mind.

I have found a paper on http://java.sun.com/people/gbracha/ titled
"Strongtalk: typechecking smalltalk in a Production Envirinment".
Unfortunately I have difficulities finding the specyfication
and/or any working implementation of this framework.

Any of you seen one ?

Wojciech Zaborowski

Re: Where to find Strongtalk specyfication+implementation ???

jWarrior
"Wojciech Zaborowski" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:8uuhp3$knr$[hidden email]...
> Hi all
>
> I am on the way to understanding that some form of typechecking
> could be good in smalltalk. It seems like something has already been
> done in this field and here I have "Strongtalk" in mind.
[snip]

Well.... I disagree with your "understanding", but I think that Ralph
Johnson
did something along these lines at UIUC in the late 80s, so I would suggest
you
post your question on the more general newsgroup comp.lang.smalltalk, and
check out http://brain.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/Smalltalk+and+Type-Safety