Which Pharo version do I need for loading Glamour?

Which Pharo version do I need for loading Glamour?

Alex Schenkman
Hi list,

This package depends on the following classes:
  SubscriptionRegistry
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>glmSubscriptions

I did:

Gofer new
	squeaksource: 'Glamour';
	package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamour';
	load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamour) perform: #loadDefault
Proceeding gives more warnings:
This package depends on the following classes:
  SubscriptionRegistry
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>hasHandlerFor:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>lookFor:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>lookFor:ifNone:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>unsubscribeForEvent:
Proceeding loads but fails executing: GLMBasicExamples open

Thanks!

Fwd: Which Pharo version do I need for loading Glamour?

Alex Schenkman
I sent the mail below before I was subscribed to the list.
Sorry if you get it twice.

Re: Fwd: Which Pharo version do I need for loading Glamour?

Tudor Girba-2
You need the latest Pharo 1.3 to load the default version.

Cheers,
Doru

On 13 Jul 2011, at 17:05, Alex Schenkman wrote:

> I sent the mail below before I was subscribed to the list.
> Sorry if you get it twice.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: Fwd: Which Pharo version do I need for loading Glamour?

Alex Schenkman
Thank you Doru!

Which version should I load on Pharo 1.2.2?
Is there a way to look this for myself?

Thanks again.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 17:07, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
You need the latest Pharo 1.3 to load the default version.

Cheers,
Doru

On 13 Jul 2011, at 17:05, Alex Schenkman wrote:

> I sent the mail below before I was subscribed to the list.
> Sorry if you get it twice.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: Fwd: Which Pharo version do I need for loading Glamour?

Tudor Girba-2
You can try loading version '2.1' from the ConfigurationOfGlamour.

Cheers,
Doru

On 15 Jul 2011, at 08:25, Alex Schenkman wrote:

> Thank you Doru!
>
> Which version should I load on Pharo 1.2.2?
> Is there a way to look this for myself?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 17:07, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You need the latest Pharo 1.3 to load the default version.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 13 Jul 2011, at 17:05, Alex Schenkman wrote:
>
> > I sent the mail below before I was subscribed to the list.
> > Sorry if you get it twice.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: Fwd: Which Pharo version do I need for loading Glamour?

Alex Schenkman
On a new Pharo-1.2.2-12353 image I did:

Gofer new
  squeaksource: 'Glamour';
package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamour';
load.
(ConfigurationOfGlamour project version: '2.1') load.

and get the following warning:

You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>hasHandlerFor:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>lookFor:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>lookFor:ifNone:
  SubscriptionRegistry>>unsubscribeForEvent:

The examples do load, so it seems to work.
Should I worry about SubscriptionResgistry?

Thanks!
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 12:45, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can try loading version '2.1' from the ConfigurationOfGlamour.

Cheers,
Doru

On 15 Jul 2011, at 08:25, Alex Schenkman wrote:

> Thank you Doru!
>
> Which version should I load on Pharo 1.2.2?
> Is there a way to look this for myself?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 17:07, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You need the latest Pharo 1.3 to load the default version.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 13 Jul 2011, at 17:05, Alex Schenkman wrote:
>
> > I sent the mail below before I was subscribed to the list.
> > Sorry if you get it twice.

Hi,

Indeed, SubscriptionRegistry is in Pharo 1.3, but the mentioned methods are in Mondrian, not in Glamour. If the Glamour tests work, you should be fine.

Doru

On 18 Jul 2011, at 08:48, Alex Schenkman wrote:

> On a new Pharo-1.2.2-12353 image I did:
>
> Gofer new
>   squeaksource: 'Glamour';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamour';
> load.
>
> (ConfigurationOfGlamour project version: '2.1') load.
>
> and get the following warning:
>
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   SubscriptionRegistry>>hasHandlerFor:
>   SubscriptionRegistry>>lookFor:
>   SubscriptionRegistry>>lookFor:ifNone:
>   SubscriptionRegistry>>unsubscribeForEvent:
>

> The examples do load, so it seems to work.
> Should I worry about SubscriptionResgistry?
>
> Thanks!
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 12:45, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You can try loading version '2.1' from the ConfigurationOfGlamour.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 15 Jul 2011, at 08:25, Alex Schenkman wrote:
>
> > Thank you Doru!
> >
> > Which version should I load on Pharo 1.2.2?
> > Is there a way to look this for myself?
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 17:07, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > You need the latest Pharo 1.3 to load the default version.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > On 13 Jul 2011, at 17:05, Alex Schenkman wrote:
> >
> > > I sent the mail below before I was subscribed to the list.
> > > Sorry if you get it twice.

"Live like you mean it."

Re: Fwd: Which Pharo version do I need for loading Glamour?

Alex Schenkman
>From Glamour-Test-Core only
GLMMondrianPresentationTest>>testPaintingTakesPresentation fails.

So I guess I'm safe.