Which dialects don't support byte array literals?

Which dialects don't support byte array literals?

Philippe Marschall
Hi

Going over some file library code I was wondering, are there any
dialects that don't support byte array literals with the following
syntax:

#[1 2 3 4]

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Which dialects don't support byte array literals?

John O'Keefe
VA Smalltalk, VisualWorks, and Dolphin support byte array literals.

John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
Skype: john_okeefe2     Mobile:  +1 919 417-3181 (Business hours USA Eastern Time zone (GMT -5))
[hidden email]
http://www.instantiations.com
VA Smalltalk...Onward and Upward!

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Going over some file library code I was wondering, are there any
dialects that don't support byte array literals with the following
syntax:

#[1 2 3 4]

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Which dialects don't support byte array literals?

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 02/11/2011 02:54 PM, John O'Keefe wrote:
> VA Smalltalk, VisualWorks, and Dolphin support byte array literals.

So does GNU Smalltalk.

(The only doubts I had were about VW and Squeak).

Paolo

Re: Which dialects don't support byte array literals?

Dale Henrichs
In GemStone2.4 byte array literals are _not_ supported, in GemStone3.0
byte array literals are supported.

Dale