Which mysql client for Pharo?

Hilaire Fernandes-4
Hello people,

I am in need of a mysql package to fetch data and to inject it in a Magma database.
Which mysql client could one suggest me to use with Pharo?

I remember Lukas referring about some issue with the mysql client he was using.

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Re: Which mysql client for Pharo?

Igor Stasenko
2009/4/27 Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>:
> Hello people,
>
> I am in need of a mysql package to fetch data and to inject it in a Magma
> database.
> Which mysql client could one suggest me to use with Pharo?
>
> I remember Lukas referring about some issue with the mysql client he was
> using.

i think you can try SqueakDBX , which just released and should work with mysql.
Be a good tester and give them feedback :)

> Hilaire
>
> --
> http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Which mysql client for Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/4/27 Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>:
> Hello people,
>
> I am in need of a mysql package to fetch data and to inject it in a Magma
> database.
> Which mysql client could one suggest me to use with Pharo?
>
> I remember Lukas referring about some issue with the mysql client he was
> using.

i think you can try SqueakDBX , which just released and should work with mysql.
Be a good tester and give them feedback :)

Thanks Igor. Yes, you can use SqueakDBX for that. If you use Linux or Mac it is very easy to do it. If it is Windows, it is a bit tricky, but it works.

If you want to use SqueakDBX you should read our last announcement: http://www.nabble.com/-ANN----SqueakDBX-first-stable-version-1.0!!!-td23144832.html

Cheers,

Mariano

> Hilaire
>
> --
> http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

2009/4/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/4/27 Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>:
> Hello people,
>
> I am in need of a mysql package to fetch data and to inject it in a Magma
> database.
> Which mysql client could one suggest me to use with Pharo?
>
> I remember Lukas referring about some issue with the mysql client he was
> using.

i think you can try SqueakDBX , which just released and should work with mysql.
Be a good tester and give them feedback :)

Thanks Igor. Yes, you can use SqueakDBX for that. If you use Linux or Mac it is very easy to do it. If it is Windows, it is a bit tricky, but it works.

If you want to use SqueakDBX you should read our last announcement: http://www.nabble.com/-ANN----SqueakDBX-first-stable-version-1.0!!!-td23144832.html

I just want to make a small stop to RDBMS (MySql) to fetch the data, and yes it is on linux. I will look at SqueakDBX then.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Re: Which mysql client for Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck

2009/4/27 Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>

2009/4/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/4/27 Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>:
> Hello people,
>
> I am in need of a mysql package to fetch data and to inject it in a Magma
> database.
> Which mysql client could one suggest me to use with Pharo?
>
> I remember Lukas referring about some issue with the mysql client he was
> using.

i think you can try SqueakDBX , which just released and should work with mysql.
Be a good tester and give them feedback :)

Thanks Igor. Yes, you can use SqueakDBX for that. If you use Linux or Mac it is very easy to do it. If it is Windows, it is a bit tricky, but it works.

If you want to use SqueakDBX you should read our last announcement: http://www.nabble.com/-ANN----SqueakDBX-first-stable-version-1.0!!!-td23144832.html

I just want to make a small stop to RDBMS (MySql) to fetch the data, and yes it is on linux. I will look at SqueakDBX then.

Ok. Let us know if you have any problem. And it would be nice you tell us if it was ok also :)

Cheers,

Mariano

Thanks