Who is hosting Seaside these days?

Alistair Cockburn
I'm investigating Seaside for the next version of my website. Are there any commercial hosting sites that run or allow Squeak/Seaside?

thanks

Alistair Cockburn, Humans and Technology, Inc.
801.582.3162     1814 Ft Douglas Cir,  Salt Lake City, UT 84103
http://alistair.cockburn.us/   | [hidden email]

The first thing to build is trust. --Brad Appleton

Re: Who is hosting Seaside these days?

Jimmie Houchin-3
[hidden email] wrote:
> I'm investigating Seaside for the next version of my website. Are there
> any commercial hosting sites that run or allow Squeak/Seaside?

I currently host at Webfaction.
http://www.webfaction.com

I have gotten good service from them. I currently do not have a website
up yet. But I have been in conversation with them and they are hoping to
have Squeak/Seaside support up toward the end of this week. I would hold
them to that as a strict deadline. They are still learning about
Squeak/Seaside, but that is the goal they have expressed to me.

They have multiple shared hosting plans with 40,80,120 mb of ram for a
long running process.

I am hoping that before I get a website up that I can get an image going
with Pavel's kernel image with Seaside 2.8 and Pier. But I am still in
the learning stage as far as all of this goes. I am hoping such an image
will permit a 40mb entry level plan. If so, that would be very nice.
Affordable hosting with Squeak/Seaside.

When official Webfaction support is available, I'll post here.

HTH

Jimmie

Re: Who is hosting Seaside these days?

Maarten Mostert-2
Thanks to virtualisation, many providers currently propose low cost VPS offerings with Linux root acces allowing you to configure or replace Apache to host your Seaside application. (You can offcourse checkout NetStyle, but except if you have a swiss bank account it is probably better to host within your own country).

You should ask your potetntial provider to execute the following command: (/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l) on their offerings to see if their Apache is build with the required modules: ( mod_perl,mod_proxy,mod_proxy_connect, mod_proxy_http, mod_rewrite)

The absolute total pain thing is that you now need to know how to configure Apache's httpd.conf file.

@+Maarten,