Whois use and some questions (was [ANN] Squeak 3.10 alpha server running for you see)

Whois use and some questions (was [ANN] Squeak 3.10 alpha server running for you see)

Edgar J. De Cleene-2
Continue growing the brave enough people connecting to experimental server
!!!

Yesterday, at 16/Jan/2007:15:36:52 (add 3 for GMT) something was wrong and
server hung.

I wish ask Unix experts if whois is reliable or not as from the log I wish
know who is using.

If some have traceroute or whois for using inside Squeak I wish know.

I thinking in use the SM accounts info to validate something and ask
password.

Also , as this image have HttpView , think in what some kind of remote
programming could be made.

Also I have plans to integrate Kazuki Minamitani DebugReporter, in case he
read the list and have interest, please contact me .

Feedback, complaints, ideas, are welcomed

Edgar

*A contest from more distant Squeaker from the server and other for who
figure how put something into the greet place

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: Whois use and some questions (was [ANN] Squeak 3.10 alpha server running for you see)

Herbert König
Hello Edgar,

sorry in clumsy clicking I stopped your Server in the image.

Please restart it.

- Herbert
EJDC> Continue growing the brave enough people connecting to experimental server
EJDC> !!!

EJDC> Yesterday, at 16/Jan/2007:15:36:52 (add 3 for GMT) something was wrong and
EJDC> server hung.

EJDC> I wish ask Unix experts if whois is reliable or not as from the log I wish
EJDC> know who is using.

EJDC> If some have traceroute or whois for using inside Squeak I wish know.

EJDC> I thinking in use the SM accounts info to validate something and ask
EJDC> password.

EJDC> Also , as this image have HttpView , think in what some kind of remote
EJDC> programming could be made.

EJDC> Also I have plans to integrate Kazuki Minamitani DebugReporter, in case he
EJDC> read the list and have interest, please contact me .

EJDC> Feedback, complaints, ideas, are welcomed

EJDC> Edgar

EJDC> *A contest from more distant Squeaker from the server and other for who
EJDC> figure how put something into the greet place

EJDC> __________________________________________________
EJDC> Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
EJDC> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
EJDC> está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
EJDC> ¡Probalo ya!
EJDC> http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

                           mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Whois use and some questions

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Edgar,

on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:34:35 +0100, you wrote:

> I wish ask Unix experts if whois is reliable or not as from the log I
> wish know who is using.

If you use a (platform independent) _authoritative_ whois service, then
the information you get is accurate, as everybody else on the internet
sees the same. Examples (including oddities):

  whois -h whois.ripe.net cobss.ch <= this asks whois.nic.ch
  whois -h whois.nic.ch cobss.ch <= almost always times out
  whois -h whois.networksolutions.com cobss.com

> If some have traceroute or whois for using inside Squeak I wish know.

I suggest to use a web service and parse the web reponse (not that I have
one; I always scripted command line utilities for whois).

/Klaus