Why AnnotationInstance type is container?

Why AnnotationInstance type is container?

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

In old FAMIX, the FAMIXAnnotationInstance defines two containers:
 - annotatedEntity
 - annotationType

The annotatedEntity is used for belongsTo, but I would like to know why annotationType was defined as container too. Does it has some reason?

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Re: Why AnnotationInstance type is container?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

In Java, you can call methods and reference to static variables from an AnnotationInstance.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jul 31, 2018, at 3:41 PM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In old FAMIX, the FAMIXAnnotationInstance defines two containers:
>  - annotatedEntity
>  - annotationType
>
> The annotatedEntity is used for belongsTo, but I would like to know why annotationType was defined as container too. Does it has some reason?
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

www.feenk.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Why AnnotationInstance type is container?

Pavel Krivanek-3
well, but from that, I see no reason why annotationType should be a container. Is there some example when an annotation instance belongs to an annotation type (and does not belong to any other entity)?

-- Pavel

In Java, you can call methods and reference to static variables from an AnnotationInstance.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jul 31, 2018, at 3:41 PM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In old FAMIX, the FAMIXAnnotationInstance defines two containers:
>  - annotatedEntity
>  - annotationType
>
> The annotatedEntity is used for belongsTo, but I would like to know why annotationType was defined as container too. Does it has some reason?
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

www.feenk.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Why AnnotationInstance type is container?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Actually, I am not sure what you are referring to.

AnnotationInstance is not a Container. It is a SourcedEntity.
AnnotationType is a Type.

Can you detail what does not work for you?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jul 31, 2018, at 4:15 PM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> well, but from that, I see no reason why annotationType should be a container. Is there some example when an annotation instance belongs to an annotation type (and does not belong to any other entity)?
>
> -- Pavel

> In Java, you can call methods and reference to static variables from an AnnotationInstance.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > On Jul 31, 2018, at 3:41 PM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In old FAMIX, the FAMIXAnnotationInstance defines two containers:
> >  - annotatedEntity
> >  - annotationType
> >
> > The annotatedEntity is used for belongsTo, but I would like to know why annotationType was defined as container too. Does it has some reason?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -- Pavel

> www.feenk.com
>
> "Beauty is where we see it."

www.feenk.com

"Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Re: Why AnnotationInstance type is container?

CyrilFerlicot
Le 31/07/2018 à 17:41, Tudor Girba a écrit :

> Actually, I am not sure what you are referring to.
>
> AnnotationInstance is not a Container. It is a SourcedEntity.
> AnnotationType is a Type.
>
> Can you detail what does not work for you?

I think he is talking about the container pragma defining the
containment tree used by Moose Query to find
children/parents/scopes/dependencies.

https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Why AnnotationInstance type is container?

Pavel Krivanek-3

Le 31/07/2018 à 17:41, Tudor Girba a écrit :

> Actually, I am not sure what you are referring to.
>
> AnnotationInstance is not a Container. It is a SourcedEntity.
> AnnotationType is a Type.
>
> Can you detail what does not work for you?

I think he is talking about the container pragma defining the
containment tree used by Moose Query to find
children/parents/scopes/dependencies.

yes, about the relations properties