Why GTPlayground is not api compatible with Workspace

Why GTPlayground is not api compatible with Workspace

pharo4Stef@free.fr
Hi

I do not understand why GTPlayground in Moose replace Workspace and is
accessed
using Smalltalk tools workspace and does not offer the same interface
than a Workspace.
This is a bad design because now it forces me to have isKindOf: checks.
Really annoying.
Or and this is what I will do I will fix the fonts for Pharo and the
system will break in
Moose, after all I cannot fix everything.

Re: Why GTPlayground is not api compatible with Workspace

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 9:25 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I do not understand why GTPlayground in Moose replace Workspace and is accessed
using Smalltalk tools workspace and does not offer the same interface than a Workspace.
This is a bad design because now it forces me to have isKindOf: checks.
Really annoying.

That is only because I do not know what should be the Workspace interface. I can easily adapt. Just tell me where you see the problems.

Or and this is what I will do I will fix the fonts for Pharo and the system will break in
Moose, after all I cannot fix everything.

I do not understand what you mean. I adapted the fonts to match the new interface since a couple of weeks. Did I miss anything?

Cheers,
Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Why GTPlayground is not api compatible with Workspace

Tudor Girba-2
It seems that Andrei just beat me to implementing the proper API (thanks, Andrei :)). So, the issue is fixed. Let us know if you encounter more problems.

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"