Why JadeServer64bit34 is not available for browsing inside a Gem

Why JadeServer64bit34 is not available for browsing inside a Gem

GLASS mailing list
Hi,

Using Jade i was tracking inside Dolphin aGciSession serverPerform:
#allSessions.

After a little browsing i found object that implement #allSessions
(aJadeServer64bit34).

But JadeServer64bit34 is not available for browsing. Actually all subclasses
of JadeServer can NOT be browsed.

But it is possible to debug execution of aJadeServer64bit34 methods like
#allSessions.

The following expression answer [false]:
((Object _objectForOop: 789001985) class allSuperclasses at: 2) ==
JadeServer

The class JadeServer that can be browsed is different from the JadeServer
hierarchy compiled from Dolphin.

I also tried to login as SystemUser but JadeServer64bit34 is not available
for browsing.

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: Why JadeServer64bit34 is not available for browsing inside a Gem

GLASS mailing list

On 10/22/19 7:33 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using Jade i was tracking inside Dolphin aGciSession serverPerform:
> #allSessions.
>
> After a little browsing i found object that implement #allSessions
> (aJadeServer64bit34).
>
> But JadeServer64bit34 is not available for browsing. Actually all subclasses
> of JadeServer can NOT be browsed.

This is a feature of Jade ... at login, Jade creates all of the classes
in the JaderServer hierarchy and arranges for them to be installed in a
SystemDictionary that is not in any SymbolList ... so the classes are
hidden by design ...

If you want to browse the JadeServer classes I believe that there is a
way to arrange for the JadeServer class hierarchy to be installed in a
user's UserGlobals so that you can browse the code and/or use Jade as a
user that does not have permissions to compile methods ... Since you
also do Jade development in Dolphin, you could a) read/browse the code
that is used to create the classes in the Dolphin browser (I believe
that a parallel class hierarchy of JadeServer classes is present in the
Dolphin environment) or b) arrange to install the JadeServer symbol
dictionary in the user's symbol list at login ...

> But it is possible to debug execution of aJadeServer64bit34 methods like
> #allSessions.
>
> The following expression answer [false]:
> ((Object _objectForOop: 789001985) class allSuperclasses at: 2) ==
> JadeServer
>
> The class JadeServer that can be browsed is different from the JadeServer
> hierarchy compiled from Dolphin.

The JadeServer that can be browsed in a GLASS image is a class that is
there to support GemTools logins (yes GemTools is still functional). It
was a copy of the JadeServer class that was available back in 2006/7.

Dale

Re: Why JadeServer64bit34 is not available for browsing inside a Gem

GLASS mailing list
/This is a feature of Jade ... at login, Jade creates all of the classes
in the JaderServer hierarchy and arranges for them to be installed in a
SystemDictionary that is not in any SymbolList ... so the classes are
hidden by design ./

Ok, got it.

Well since i need this for development i can check on Dolphin parallel
hierarchy.

But it will be useful to know the OOP of aJadeServer64bit34 in order to call
methods and see the result.
(i will do a research on this maybe i can implement it)

For the Jade customization (https://github.com/brunobuzzi/JadeForBPM) i'm
doing for BPMFlow application (https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow) some
JadeServer64bit34 methods are used to display additional information. This
is why i have my interest in JadeServer hierarchy.

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: [SPAM] Why JadeServer64bit34 is not available for browsing inside a Gem

GLASS mailing list

> On Oct 23, 2019, at 8:47 AM, BrunoBB via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> /This is a feature of Jade ... at login, Jade creates all of the classes
> in the JaderServer hierarchy and arranges for them to be installed in a
> SystemDictionary that is not in any SymbolList ... so the classes are
> hidden by design ./
>
> Ok, got it.
>
> Well since i need this for development i can check on Dolphin parallel
> hierarchy.
>
> But it will be useful to know the OOP of aJadeServer64bit34 in order to call
> methods and see the result.
> (i will do a research on this maybe i can implement it)

See the class comment in JadeServer for this expression: (System __sessionStateAt: 3).

> For the Jade customization (https://github.com/brunobuzzi/JadeForBPM) i'm
> doing for BPMFlow application (https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow) some
> JadeServer64bit34 methods are used to display additional information. This
> is why i have my interest in JadeServer hierarchy.

If this is to be part of the Jade IDE then it makes sense to add it to JadeServer. If it is for something else, then you might consider creating your own server class (following the class-side methods in JadeServer as an example).