Why Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter answers SequenceableCollectionPresenter

Why Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter answers SequenceableCollectionPresenter

Yar Hwee Boon-3
Hi all

I was wondering why the following answers SequenceableCollectionPresenter?

Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter

thanks.

--
Regards
Hwee Boon

Re: Why Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter answers SequenceableCollectionPresenter

Christopher J. Demers
"Yar Hwee Boon" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> I was wondering why the following answers SequenceableCollectionPresenter?
>
> Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter

I can offer an educated guess.  There probably once was a class called
ListValuePresenter, and it was refactored to be
SequenceableCollectionPresenter.  To avoid breaking older code that may have
used the old name OA added a global alias to the new class via the old class
name.  Something similar happened with CompositePresenter, it now points to
Presenter .

Chris

Re: Why Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter answers SequenceableCollectionPresenter

Schwab,Wilhelm K
> I was wondering why the following answers SequenceableCollectionPresenter?
>
> Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter

It looks as though ListValuePresenter has been removed from the system,
and a global inserted to avoid breaking code.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Why Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter answers SequenceableCollectionPresenter

Andy Bower-3
Chris,

> > I was wondering why the following answers
> > SequenceableCollectionPresenter?
> >
> > Smalltalk at: #ListValuePresenter
>
> I can offer an educated guess.  There probably once was a class called
> ListValuePresenter, and it was refactored to be
> SequenceableCollectionPresenter.  To avoid breaking older code that
> may have used the old name OA added a global alias to the new class
> via the old class name.  Something similar happened with
> CompositePresenter, it now points to Presenter .

Your guess is correct.

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com