Why UnhandledError is not the only way to open debugger?

Why UnhandledError is not the only way to open debugger?

Denis Kudriashov
Or in other words why Halt and Warning open debugger directly instead of using UnhandledError signalling?

In Squeak it's all going though UnhandledError.

Re: Why UnhandledError is not the only way to open debugger?

Steven Costiou-2

Le 2019-12-19 19:54, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :

Or in other words why Halt and Warning open debugger directly instead of using UnhandledError signalling?

In Squeak it's all going though UnhandledError.

Hi Denis,

Thomas Dupriez made a nice documentation from existing materials about how exceptions are handled:

-https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pharo-open-documentation/pharo-wiki/master/General/Exceptions_Image_WhatHappensWhenAnExceptionIsSignalled.png

- https://github.com/pharo-open-documentation/pharo-wiki/blob/master/General/Exceptions.md

I am also interested in deeply understanding these mechanics because I have strange behavior with the new spec debugger when it comes to stepping over code that produces an exception and how to "catch it" to display useful information in the gui.

I am going into vacations tomorrow with no or few internet, so I will only follow from far away but not participate until january.

Steven.