Why a package management system

Torsten Bergmann
>Janko, I don't know what it "decent" for you, but did you try Metacello-OB
>and Metaceller ?

I think what is still missing is a common tutorial showing all the details
and pieces that are already here today. Not everybody reads the blog posts
from Dale or follows the mailinglists.

Is there a preview/early draft for the book chapter on Metacello
available? Could it be posted/discussed here?

Thx
T.

--
NEU: Mit GMX DSL über 1000,- ¿ sparen!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: Why a package management system

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Janko, I don't know what it "decent" for you, but did you try Metacello-OB
>and Metaceller ?

I think what is still missing is a common tutorial showing all the details
and pieces that are already here today. Not everybody reads the blog posts
from Dale or follows the mailinglists.

Yes, that's true.

Is there a preview/early draft for the book chapter on Metacello
available? Could it be posted/discussed here?

In the chapter, I didn't talk anything about UI. Nothing about Metacello-OB neither Metaceller. I am not sure if we should put it as the chapter is large enought by the moment. Maybe another chapter or a new chapter in a future PBE. But maybe we can include it...I don't know.

I don't like the idea of writing a whole chapter all together. Everybody will discuss, disagree, fight, etc. I do share and will share the draft of the chapter for those who are really interested, but in private mail. I know there are people interested: Stef, Dale, maybe Miguel and Doru, and you. I don't have a real draft yet (still writing) but as soon as I have it I can share with those people.

Forget any progress from me for this week and the next one. My girlfriend came to visit me to France (I didn't see her for 3 months)

Cheers

Mariano

Thx
T.