Why are dropdown lists so chunky even in new Spec?

Why are dropdown lists so chunky even in new Spec?

Tim Mackinnon
Great work on bringing spec to life, and it looks quite slick in the new PharoLaucnher - but I don’t understand why in Pharo the dopdown lists (or ComboBox - name seems to vary) has always been so “chunky” and out of proportion? I was hoping that with Spec we would get something that looked more native and elegant but it seems like its not different? Why it this?

With it being so thick - its hard to line up with other controls and it leaves lots of white space when collapsed and expanded? I find it makes the toolbar of the launcher look a bit silly against the icons. See the photos. And a comparison against a native combo box (from system preferences in OSX). See how the native one is so much thinner? Aren’t we able to control this better?

Re: Why are dropdown lists so chunky even in new Spec?

Tim Mackinnon
Perhaps I should just log an issue for this? But is this a Launcher issue or a Spec2 one?