Why being a Pharo Association Member matters?

1 message Options

Why being a Pharo Association Member matters?

Stéphane Ducasse

Hi Pharo supporters

First I would like thank you. And I would like to show you that your membership in the Pharo association is really
helping Pharo. We are creating a precise report but the main message is the same.
You concretely help Pharo.

First,  we would like to really thank you for your support because as you will see it is important. Your contributions are making an impact.

Until now, the association did not make visible how was spent the money from your membership. It's time to fix this.

In the first place, the support we got from last year enable the creation of monthly activities helping with the development of Pharo. The association is now the support for the following ones:
  • Sprint organisations: Every month sprints to correct Pharo bugs are organised. You can join remotely or organise one at your location
  • TechTalks: Every month a technical talk is been done to give visibility on Pharo process and Pharo projects and interact with the community to get feedback

Next, your association contributions are securing vital Pharo infrastructures. It pays:
  • The domains such as pharo.org.
  • The hosting files.pharo.org: This year we moved out of Inria infrastructure because we could not identify the cause of a huge network latency. It got resolved - it was a fiber which was in bad condition but not cut. This was fixed at the level of Renater national back-bone layer, but we decided to stay outside. We plan to migrate to a better service.
  • The wild apricot software which manages the association. It will enable us to do more with the association. (40$/month)
  • The newsletter via Mailchimp. This newsletter is a real success with more than 2300 recipients . You get see the archive at https://us11.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=6f667565c2569234585a7be77&id=048680a940 (30$/month)
  • The mailing-lists are managed with Mailname a professional service.

On another note, we would like to remember the advantages of being an association member:
  • Reduction for the PharoDays

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50