Why does datedVersion appear in both SmalltalkImage and SystemVersion?

Why does datedVersion appear in both SmalltalkImage and SystemVersion?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Why does datedVersion appear in both SmalltalkImage and SystemVersion?

SmalltalkImage delegates to SystemVersion.  Why have both?

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Why does datedVersion appear in both SmalltalkImage and SystemVersion?

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Apr 21, 2010, at 5:21 40PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Why does datedVersion appear in both SmalltalkImage and SystemVersion?
>
> SmalltalkImage delegates to SystemVersion.  Why have both?
>
> Sean

Because of backwards compatability, and because some people still use/prefer Smalltalk datedVersion over SystemVersion datedVersion.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: Why does datedVersion appear in both SmalltalkImage and SystemVersion?

Stéphane Ducasse
And because we should continue to shake the trees to get the bad fruits done.