Why moose does not use Settings?

Stéphane Ducasse
Because we did it for

        http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder
        kind of ....

I suggested to cyrille to spend 1 hours and add some settings.
Which ones do you want to have.
Me

- Project main folder location
- VerveineJ code location
- Import statements to be used
                I do not see why I have to type
                        PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .

Each time I import a model I do not want to have to dive into this fucking file system to find my way (with a soon) resizeable interface.

Re: Why moose does not use Settings?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Because nobody did anything for it.

On 24 May 2011, at 21:31, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Because we did it for
>
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder
> kind of ....
>
> I suggested to cyrille to spend 1 hours and add some settings.
> Which ones do you want to have.
> Me
>
> - Project main folder location

In Moose you can have multiple models, so this has to be per model.

> - VerveineJ code location
> - Import statements to be used
> I do not see why I have to type
> PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .

There used to be a wizard for this, but now it does not seem to work anymore.

> Each time I import a model I do not want to have to dive into this fucking file system to find my way (with a soon) resizeable interface.

I do not understand.

Doru

> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

On May 24, 2011, at 9:38 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Because nobody did anything for it.
>
> On 24 May 2011, at 21:31, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Because we did it for
>>
>> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder
>> kind of ....
>>
>> I suggested to cyrille to spend 1 hours and add some settings.
>> Which ones do you want to have.
>> Me
>>
>> - Project main folder location
>
> In Moose you can have multiple models, so this has to be per model.

we could have a folder for the root of the projects, this could make sense and if disabled
you specify all the paths by hand.
Imagine having a folder for each of your mc packages....

>> - VerveineJ code location
>> - Import statements to be used
>> I do not see why I have to type
>> PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>
> There used to be a wizard for this, but now it does not seem to work anymore.
>
>> Each time I import a model I do not want to have to dive into this fucking file system to find my way (with a soon) resizeable interface.

I should select where the verveineJ.sh is and then I should check the folder of the source files and starting from / is not optimal.

Stef

On 24 May 2011, at 22:53, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On May 24, 2011, at 9:38 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Because nobody did anything for it.
>>
>> On 24 May 2011, at 21:31, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Because we did it for
>>>
>>> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/root-folder
>>> kind of ....
>>>
>>> I suggested to cyrille to spend 1 hours and add some settings.
>>> Which ones do you want to have.
>>> Me
>>>
>>> - Project main folder location
>>
>> In Moose you can have multiple models, so this has to be per model.
>
> we could have a folder for the root of the projects, this could make sense and if disabled
> you specify all the paths by hand.
> Imagine having a folder for each of your mc packages....

Ok, sounds good. Who is doing that?

Until then, like I told you before: the current default folder is the folder of the image + src/.

>>> - VerveineJ code location
>>> - Import statements to be used
>>> I do not see why I have to type
>>> PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveine.sh -Xmx 2000m -- .
>>
>> There used to be a wizard for this, but now it does not seem to work anymore.
>>
>>> Each time I import a model I do not want to have to dive into this fucking file system to find my way (with a soon) resizeable interface.
>
> I should select where the verveineJ.sh is and then I should check the folder of the source files and starting from / is not optimal.

Sure. But someone needs to do it :)

Doru

> Stef
>

>> I do not understand.
>>
>> Doru
>>

>>> Stef
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Why moose does not use Settings?

Stéphane Ducasse