Damien Cassou
Hi,

HTML define tags for b, i and s:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-b-element
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-i-element
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-s-element

Why aren't these tags present in Seaside-Canvas?

Best

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

philippeback
Cause strong and emphasise dothe job.

On Monday, October 14, 2013, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> HTML define tags for b, i and s:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-b-element
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-i-element
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-s-element
>
> Why aren't these tags present in Seaside-Canvas?
>
> Best
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

---
Philippe Back
Dramatic Performance Improvements
Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Pharo Consortium Member - http://consortium.pharo.org/
Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast - http://spamcast.libsyn.com
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value Added Reseller

Damien Cassou
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Cause strong and emphasise dothe job.

according to the HTML spec, there are semantical reasons to have these
tags as well. And there is the <u> tag that I forgot.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Johan Brichau-2
I'm also in favour of adding these.
Designers tend to use these tags frequently.

Johan

On 14 Oct 2013, at 16:11, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Cause strong and emphasise dothe job.
>

> according to the HTML spec, there are semantical reasons to have these
> tags as well. And there is the <u> tag that I forgot.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

Philippe Marschall
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> HTML define tags for b, i and s:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-b-element
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-i-element
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-s-element
>
> Why aren't these tags present in Seaside-Canvas?

For the same reason we don't support <font>. There's CSS for that.

Cheers
Philippe

Johan Brichau-2
On 20 Oct 2013, at 15:05, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> HTML define tags for b, i and s:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-b-element
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-i-element
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-s-element
>>
>> Why aren't these tags present in Seaside-Canvas?
>
> For the same reason we don't support <font>. There's CSS for that.

I remember this was the case yes.
But html5 really came up with new semantics for these tags.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/text-level-semantics.html#the-b-element

They are being used in designs such as Twitter bootstrap.

Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Tobias Pape
On 20.10.2013, at 16:20, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 20 Oct 2013, at 15:05, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> HTML define tags for b, i and s:
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-b-element
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-i-element
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-s-element
>>>
>>> Why aren't these tags present in Seaside-Canvas?
>>
>> For the same reason we don't support <font>. There's CSS for that.
>
> I remember this was the case yes.
> But html5 really came up with new semantics for these tags.
>
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/text-level-semantics.html#the-b-element
>
> They are being used in designs such as Twitter bootstrap.
Where are they used in bootstrap?

Best
        -Tobias

Johan Brichau-2

> Where are they used in bootstrap?

For icon glyphs, but in 2.3.2 apparently and not anymore in 3.0.0

Johan

Tobias Pape
On 20.10.2013, at 18:12, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Where are they used in bootstrap?
>
> For icon glyphs, but in 2.3.2 apparently and not anymore in 3.0.0

Ok, I was afraid they did that for more than icons.

When I added Icon support to TWBS, I decided against the I tag:

*twitter-bootstrap-seaside
WACanvas>>twbsIcon: aString
        "
        Note: Twitter Bootstrap recommends <i>, which is semantically incorrect.
        As the actual tag does not matter at all, we use the more applicable <span>.
        "
        self span
                class: ('icon-' copyWithAll: aString)

The “new” meanings for b, i, and s probably can go to a HTML5 package?
What would be the “long”, correct names for them (cf, paragraph/p)?

Best
        -Tobias

Philippe Marschall
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 20.10.2013, at 18:12, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> Where are they used in bootstrap?
>>
>> For icon glyphs, but in 2.3.2 apparently and not anymore in 3.0.0
>

> Ok, I was afraid they did that for more than icons.
>
> When I added Icon support to TWBS, I decided against the I tag:
>
> *twitter-bootstrap-seaside
> WACanvas>>twbsIcon: aString
>         "
>         Note: Twitter Bootstrap recommends <i>, which is semantically incorrect.
>         As the actual tag does not matter at all, we use the more applicable <span>.
>         "
>         self span
>                 class: ('icon-' copyWithAll: aString)
>
> The “new” meanings for b, i, and s probably can go to a HTML5 package?

I believe we merged that into the standard canvas.

> What would be the “long”, correct names for them (cf, paragraph/p)?

That would be my next question.

Cheers
Philippe