WideString method definitions

Stephan Eggermont-3
Gemstone doesn't like widestring method definitions.

MCMethodDefinition allInstances select: [ :each | (each source isKindOf: ByteString) not  ]

should return an empty collection. In Pharo 3.0 it does.

In Moose 4.8 however we have

VerveineJTestResource>mse
MalPorterStemmerTest>porterTestData
MalStopwords>moreBasicEnglish
MalGermanStemmer>performStemming:
PPAnalyzerTest>grammarD

Stephan

Re: WideString method definitions

Tudor Girba-2
Hmm. I love it that you are trying to get Moose in Gemstone :).

These methods are not particularly important, and I think we can find workarounds for them.

Doru

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gemstone doesn't like widestring method definitions.

MCMethodDefinition allInstances select: [ :each | (each source isKindOf: ByteString) not  ]

should return an empty collection. In Pharo 3.0 it does.

In Moose 4.8 however we have

VerveineJTestResource>mse
MalPorterStemmerTest>porterTestData
MalStopwords>moreBasicEnglish
MalGermanStemmer>performStemming:
PPAnalyzerTest>grammarD

Stephan

"Every thing has its own flow"

Doru wrote:
>Hmm. I love it that you are trying to get Moose in Gemstone :).

Ah well, we just ran into that widestring problem when trying to
make another project run on Gemstone. When I found the nice
simple expression I just pasted it in some other open windows...

Another common problem is empty sentences. Gemstone doesn't
like ..

>These methods are not particularly important, and I think we
>can find workarounds for them.

Just replacing them with the same text, but then in plain ascii,
is enough. Often, it is just a wrong quote in a comment.

Stephan