[Widgetry] UIText alignement / slider focus

[Widgetry] UIText alignement / slider focus

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi,

I now managed to create grids with custom print converters and glorp updates:

I still have some questions though:

1) If I set displayJustification to somehting else then the default left I experience a serious delay (extra click) before being able to edit the cell. In order to have direct editing, the UIText created by my printconverters should probably be aligned in accordance with the colum
displayJustification. As UIText is a Text derivative and not kindOf: ComposedText it can not kreally now about formatting except maybe for the XWLTag thing. As the UIText comment is not self explanatory about this, how can I do this ?

2) A slider-column allways seems to require a double click before getting focus (can this be a single click ?)

Thanks,

@+Maarten,

Re: [Widgetry] UIText alignement / slider focus

Samuel S. Shuster <sames@interaccess.com>
Maarten,

>1) If I set displayJustification to somehting else then the default left I experience a serious delay (extra click) before being able to edit the cell. In order to have direct editing, the UIText created by my printconverters should probably be aligned in accordance with the colum displayJustification. As UIText is a Text derivative and not kindOf: ComposedText it can not kreally now about formatting except maybe for the XWLTag thing. As the UIText comment is not self explanatory about this, how can I do this ?

This isn't fully supported. An InputField can be told to be right aligned, and
we have a center align in the works. Other than that, I got nothing for you.

>2) A slider-column allways seems to require a double click before getting focus (can this be a single click ?)

I'll look into this.

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]
VisualWorks Engineering, GUI Project
Smalltalk Enables Success -- What Are YOU Using?

Re: [Widgetry] UIText alignement / slider focus

Samuel S. Shuster <sames@interaccess.com>
Maarten,

> A slider-column allways seems to require a double click before getting focus (can this be a single click ?)

Well, I have some fixes not already in the public release that does a better job
of this (I'll update the public release maybe next week).

Anyway, with those fixes, you click and it becomes active, however, it doesn't
jump to the clicked point, or if you click on the resizer thumb doesn't go into
drag mode.

That is as designed.

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]
VisualWorks Engineering, GUI Project
Smalltalk Enables Success -- What Are YOU Using?

Re: [Widgetry] --> Grids and TreeViews

Maarten Mostert-2
Samuel,
You have run into an old Tree problem which we have on our list of things to
fix, but not for a while yet.
Actually the fact that I never managed to solve this to an acceptable level in Wrapper motivated me to switch to Widgetry ASAP.
Your hint will make treeview workable but this does not look like standard behaviour and I am afraid that end users will consider this a bug.
Lets hope that the while gets short ;-) .

A slider-column allways seems to require a double click before getting focus (can this be a single click ?)

Well, I have some fixes not already in the public release that does a better job
of this (I'll update the public release maybe next week).

Well a full update would be welcome. I noticed also that in fact the grid mutator is active and responds to keyboard action while nothing is seen in the cell-view itself accept if you double click and obtain the cursor visible inside the cell. So this is all probably sort of the same thing as the slider focus click and or the fact that UIText does not really supports alignements yet.

I did not really manage to make grids multi select is that yet supported ?

If I have grid-row headers on, the announcement location gives the cells x position minus 1, is this as designed ?

I seem to be all critic here but I am not, Widgetry is a real improvement over Wrapper and many not so documented things come easily :-) .

Rgrds,

@+Maarten,

Re: [Widgetry] --> Grids and TreeViews

Samuel S. Shuster <sames@interaccess.com>
Maarten,

>I did not really manage to make grids multi select is that yet supported ?

Multi select of rows, yes. Of cells, that is on schedule for before the tree
view fix. Still will be quite a while though.

MINUS 1? No, the row header should come in as 0 @ x!