Widgetry community project home

Christian Haider
Hi all,

finally I found a place to host the Widgetry project: Origo (http://widgetry.origo.ethz.ch).

I put up some initial content, added a forum and added the issues I found with Widgetry so far.

If you want to participate, please create an account with Origo and tell me. I will then add you to the project.

If you are on the project you can add content and issues, which would be highly appreciated.

Everybody is invited to join! Lets invent the future of UIs!

Cheers,
    Christian

[7.4.1]Palette depth does not match the image depth

Carl Gundel
When using the following code:

  (ImageReader fromFile: self filespecBlock) image convertForGraphicsDevice:
Screen default

I get this error for some files:

  Palette depth does not match the image depth.

My display depth is 32 and the image in question is a depth 24 png.  The
method convertForGraphicsDevice: didn't do its job very well, eh?  ;-)  I
really do need to be able to reliably load arbitrary graphic files.  What
can I do to remedy this?

-Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com

Re: [7.4.1]Palette depth does not match the image depth

Carl Gundel
Okay, a little more investigation turned up the following.  The failure in
Image>>palette: was happening when being called by
Image>>convertForGraphicsDevice:renderedBy:paintTransfer:.  The specific
calling code is:

  (self depth = destDepth and: [self bitsPerPixel = destBitsPerPixel and:
[destPalette = self palette]]) ifTrue:
  [^self palette: destPalette
  "change palette so that == tests will work in future"].

Here is the test in Image>>palette: that was throwing an exception:

  aPalette depth = self depth ifFalse: [
    ^self error: (#errPaletteDepth << #dialogs >> 'Palette depth does not
match the image depth.')].

So the palette: method fails after all those tests in the calling method
pass.  Seemed a little odd to me.

So I commented out the test and now the image loads and displays fine.  I
don't feel qualified to officially fix this, but it does look like it needs
a review.

-Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com

>  (ImageReader fromFile: self filespecBlock) image
> convertForGraphicsDevice:
> Screen default
>
> I get this error for some files:
>
>  Palette depth does not match the image depth.
>
> My display depth is 32 and the image in question is a depth 24 png.  The
> method convertForGraphicsDevice: didn't do its job very well, eh?  ;-)  I
> really do need to be able to reliably load arbitrary graphic files.  What
> can I do to remedy this?
>
> -Carl Gundel
> http://www.runbasic.com

Re: [7.4.1]Palette depth does not match the image depth

Cesar Rabak
Carl Gundel escreveu:

> When using the following code:
>
>  (ImageReader fromFile: self filespecBlock) image convertForGraphicsDevice:
> Screen default
>
> I get this error for some files:
>
>  Palette depth does not match the image depth.
>
> My display depth is 32 and the image in question is a depth 24 png.  The
> method convertForGraphicsDevice: didn't do its job very well, eh?  ;-)
> I really do need to be able to reliably load arbitrary graphic files.
> What can I do to remedy this?

None of the convertToPalette methods is of help for you?

--
Cesar Rabak
GNU/Linux User 52247.
Get counted: http://counter.li.org/

Re: [7.4.1]Palette depth does not match the image depth

Carl Gundel
> Carl Gundel escreveu:
> > When using the following code:
> >
> >  (ImageReader fromFile: self filespecBlock) image
convertForGraphicsDevice:
> > Screen default
> >
> > I get this error for some files:
> >
> >  Palette depth does not match the image depth.
> >
> > My display depth is 32 and the image in question is a depth 24 png.
The
> > method convertForGraphicsDevice: didn't do its job very well, eh?
;-)
> > I really do need to be able to reliably load arbitrary graphic
files.
> > What can I do to remedy this?
> >
> None of the convertToPalette methods is of help for you?

Isn't the convertForGraphicsDevice: method supposed to take care of that
for me?

-Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com

Re: [7.4.1]Palette depth does not match the image depth

Carl Gundel
Okay, so does anyone at Cincom have a position on this?  It does seem to be
a bug.

-Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com

Carl Gundel escreveu:
> Okay, so does anyone at Cincom have a position on this?  It does seem to
> be a bug.

Carl,

Did you contact Cincom support through the appropriate channel?