WikiWorks support in Scribo

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

All of us following a VWNC mailing list know that there are many
problems with one of the oldest Smalltalk Wikis:
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu, which is currently down due to spam and where
VisualWorks and CampSmalltalk section is specially important.

Reinout Heeck came out with a rescue initiative to rehost that Wiki but
also to enhance and harden it to better resist spam. I propose help here
with our Scribo Wiki, which could be really easily updated to support
WikiWorks functionality:

- have a same design (special WikiWorksStyle)
- import WikiWorks content

What do you think about that idea, is it good? Also, can I count on some
help? Starting with import part...

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: WikiWorks support in Scribo

Nicolas Petton

Le lundi 25 février 2008 à 16:59 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> All of us following a VWNC mailing list know that there are many
> problems with one of the oldest Smalltalk Wikis:
> http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu, which is currently down due to spam and where
> VisualWorks and CampSmalltalk section is specially important.
>
> Reinout Heeck came out with a rescue initiative to rehost that Wiki but
> also to enhance and harden it to better resist spam. I propose help here
> with our Scribo Wiki, which could be really easily updated to support
> WikiWorks functionality:
>
> - have a same design (special WikiWorksStyle)
> - import WikiWorks content
Hi Janko,

Do you want to add it to Scribo directly ?

> What do you think about that idea, is it good? Also, can I count on some
> help? Starting with import part...

I'll be happy to help. But do we need to backport Scribo to VW first ?

Cheers!

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Petton