Wikipedia Entry for Lively: April 19th Update

Wikipedia Entry for Lively: April 19th Update

Philip Weaver

The wikipedia entry now has a Qt section. Thanks Antero!

Another mportant task: select an image to use for the sidebar in the article (Dan's engine, or screenshot of the examples page, or other...); upload the image to wikipedia within their guidelines. Yey!

Lively scratch page on Wikipedia.

More:
  • select an image to use for the sidebar in the article (Dan's engine, or screenshot of the examples page, or other...)
  • upload the image to wikipedia legally without the editing community wigging out
  • perhaps copy video and pub links from the Oracle or HPI pages
  • find code example for the example code section
  • near any hyperlinks to Lively pages in the article or at the end, make it clear which browsers work best or are supported for a good experience (Dan mentions unsupported browser below)
  • copy the article out to wikipedia from its current scratch page (feel free to do that at any time; just be ready the hammer to come down) ;-) Kidding.
  • point to the article from other existing listing and category pages in wikipedia: JavaScript libraries, web frameworks, etc.
  • review/enhance/decide the table of contents
  • continue to flesh out and add content to the article
  • find an existing wikipedia article of some other project that we might be able to use for comparison of formatting, table of contents, etc.
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Philip Weaver <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear List,

Will you help create a wikipedia entry for Lively? Lively scratch page on Wikipedia. I'll be posting this entry live within 7 days even if it ends up sliding down the wall. ;-)

Re: Wikipedia Entry for Lively: April 21st Update

Dan Ingalls-4
  I've just added brief sections on the IDE and Wiki -- Robert and
Jens please review.

We're now just a couple of .PNG files away from Webexistance.

I'm thinking...

One of the Full Monty
Maybe a couple from the HPI home page
One of the System Browser