Wikipedia Entry for Lively: April 23rd Update

Wikipedia Entry for Lively: April 23rd Update

Philip Weaver
I went ahead and posted the entry live:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lively_Kernel

Added example code section for clock morph. I added an image of Dan's radial engine which I had grabbed from the main page at lively-kernel.org. My expectation is that it will be pulled down within a day - just watch. :-) Any attorney's on this list to help navigate this image uploading process? :-)

Best,
Philip

Re: Wikipedia Entry for Lively: April 23rd Update

Dan Ingalls-4
Re: [lively-kernel] Wikipedia Entry for Lively: April 23rd
I went ahead and posted the entry live:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lively_Kernel
Added example code section for clock morph. I added an image of Dan's radial engine which I had grabbed from the main page at lively-kernel.org. My expectation is that it will be pulled down within a day - just watch. :-) Any attorney's on this list to help navigate this image uploading process? :-)

Phil -

This is great!  Thanks for pushing it over the wall.

I'd like to update the clock to use Text.makeLabel that shortens some of the style code, and also polygon hands because they look so much nicer.  Since you did so well with this, maybe I'll send you a couple of (tested) changes.

Then we should have an image o the clock next to it, and for both that image and the engine, we should have a link to run in approved browsers (*)

Thanks again!

(*) Hey, we still need a Chrome Frame preamble for IE users, and we still need to fix the Opera bug.
I'll play with these over the weekend, but if anyone makes progress, post it right away so I don't duplicate.

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Dan Ingalls <[hidden email]> wrote:

(*) Hey, we still need a Chrome Frame preamble for IE users, and we still need to fix the Opera bug.
I'll play with these over the weekend, but if anyone makes progress, post it right away so I don't duplicate.

I added some preamble text. Feel free to relocate or edit:
  1. In the sidebar
    • Operating system: Most popular web browsers yet currently best experienced using: Safari 4 (Mac), Google Chrome (PC). Internet Explorer (PC) will require Google Chrome Frame.
  2. Just before listing external links
    • Multiple popular browsers are targeted for the final release. Lively Kernel is best experienced using: Safari 4 (Mac), Google Chrome (PC). Internet Explorer (PC) will require Google Chrome Frame.
Probably don't want the article to read too much like an advertisement though - but we do need this preamble.

Opera progress

Dan Ingalls-4
Opera progress
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Dan Ingalls <[hidden email]> wrote:
(*) Hey, we still need a Chrome Frame preamble for IE users, and we still need to fix the Opera bug.
I'll play with these over the weekend, but if anyone makes progress, post it right away so I don't duplicate.

Just posted changes so LK will load in Opera, but still some problem with events and editing text

Re: Opera progress

Dan Ingalls-4
>Just posted changes so LK will load in Opera, but still some problem with events and editing text

Yayy Robert -

I just noticed that Robert committed a bunch of changes and Opera now really works!

I was surprised to see how well it runs -- decent performance and freedom from GC hiccups.  In spite of Opera not being the fastest browser around, it is used on a lot of cell phones, so I think it has some relevance to our future.

        - Dan

Re: Wikipedia Entry for Lively: April 23rd Update

Philip Weaver
Yay! Lively Kernel! Big contender! Yay! :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Rich_Internet_applications (just added to this list)