Wild ideas on RSS?

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list,

I'm almost done re-implementing my blog for the umpteenth time. First it was written in Seaside, then Iliad, and now Amber. I've been thinking quite a lot and I can't seem to even glance a way to implement an RSS feed, do you guys have any wild ideas?

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Wild ideas on RSS?

laurent laffont
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list,

I'm almost done re-implementing my blog for the umpteenth time. First it was written in Seaside, then Iliad, and now Amber. I've been thinking quite a lot and I can't seem to even glance a way to implement an RSS feed, do you guys have any wild ideas?

What are the difficulties ?

Laurent

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Wild ideas on RSS?

Kevin Driedger-4
It seems you want a javascript library that generates RSS feeds based on the Html file that you are running in.  I did a quick Google search for such a library and it turned up nothing.... argh (lots of code/libraries for consuming).

I guess you could roll up your sleeves and roll your own.  I recall RSS being pretty straight forward.

]{evin

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:26 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list,

I'm almost done re-implementing my blog for the umpteenth time. First it was written in Seaside, then Iliad, and now Amber. I've been thinking quite a lot and I can't seem to even glance a way to implement an RSS feed, do you guys have any wild ideas?

What are the difficulties ?

Laurent

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Wild ideas on RSS?

Bernat Romagosa
Well, I guess the real difficulties are that I don't understand how RSS works.

I managed to get an RSS feed _kind of_ working in Iliad (some posts were fed, some weren't) but I don't think I understood what was really going on.

If you have some pointers on how could one build an RSS package for Amber I'd be willing to try to implement it.

Cheers,

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Wild ideas on RSS?

Bernat Romagosa
So I chased the opportunity that I'm sick at home today and finally rolled up my sleeves and implemented an RSS feed generator for Amber. The problem is it seems it's only feeding the first item, although the xml file look okay to me...

Could someone confirm if this is working please?

Thanks!

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Wild ideas on RSS?

Stefan Krecher-2

shows only one item in google reader (mobile)

--
sent from my android-phone

Am 01.10.2011 14:36 schrieb "Bernat Romagosa" <[hidden email]>:
> So I chased the opportunity that I'm sick at home today and finally rolled
> up my sleeves and implemented an RSS feed generator for Amber. The problem
> is it seems it's only feeding the first item, although the xml file look
> okay to me...
>
> Could someone confirm if this is working please?
>
> The feed is at: http://www.asmalltalkbytheseaside.com/feed.rss
>
> Thanks!
>
> 2011/9/23 Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]>
>
>> Well, I guess the real difficulties are that I don't understand how RSS
>> works.
>>
>> I managed to get an RSS feed _kind of_ working in Iliad (some posts were
>> fed, some weren't) but I don't think I understood what was really going on.
>>
>> If you have some pointers on how could one build an RSS package for Amber
>> I'd be willing to try to implement it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> 2011/9/22 Kevin Driedger <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> It seems you want a javascript library that generates RSS feeds based on
>>> the Html file that you are running in. I did a quick Google search for such
>>> a library and it turned up nothing.... argh (lots of code/libraries for
>>> consuming).
>>>
>>> I guess you could roll up your sleeves and roll your own. I recall RSS
>>> being pretty straight forward.
>>>
>>> ]{evin

>> --
>> Bernat Romagosa.

> Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Wild ideas on RSS?

Bernat Romagosa
Fixed now :)

It's pretty ugly, I hacked it together in a couple hours this morning, but if someone's interested in it, here's the source: https://github.com/bromagosa/amber/blob/212e2e7d59d2f5b160e4caa023e566dfb0d783d7/st/SimpleRSS.st

Cheers,

--
Bernat Romagosa.