classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Willow vs Seaside

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello,

What's is the difference? Why should I use one or another?

Regards,
Vitor
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Willow vs Seaside

gcotelli
Hi Vitor,

Willow is built on top of Seaside and it aims to ease the creation of interactive AJAX-based web applications. So if you're planning to do a lot of partial page rendering via AJAX updates it's worth a try.
We're using it for several applications and the only full page refresh is done on the first request reception, all the other interactions in the application are handled by AJAX. One of its main features is to abstract away a lot of the complexity of hand made AJAX calls.

You can take a look at the slides and videos of the last talk we do in the subject to get an idea of when it's useful:

Feel free to ask any more questions here or on the discord channel.

Regards,
Gabriel

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:42 PM Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Regards,
Vitor
Reply | Threaded
|

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list

That sounds really cool!

Bookmarked, for my next Seaside project.

thx!

---- On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 18:00:14 -0400 Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Hi Vitor,

Willow is built on top of Seaside and it aims to ease the creation of interactive AJAX-based web applications. So if you're planning to do a lot of partial page rendering via AJAX updates it's worth a try.

We're using it for several applications and the only full page refresh is done on the first request reception, all the other interactions in the application are handled by AJAX. One of its main features is to abstract away a lot of the complexity of hand made AJAX calls.

You can take a look at the slides and videos of the last talk we do in the subject to get an idea of when it's useful:

Regards,
Gabriel

Hello,

Regards,
Vitor

Reply | Threaded
|

Vitor Medina Cruz
Thanks! Willow on top of Seaside really is the best of the world :)

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 1:36 PM gettimothy via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

That sounds really cool!

Bookmarked, for my next Seaside project.

thx!

---- On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 18:00:14 -0400 Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Hi Vitor,

Regards,
Gabriel

Hello,

Regards,
Vitor