Win32Setup - custom VM and app tutorial

Torsten Bergmann
>Better hope noone installs to C:\!

Hey - be a man and try it!
No fear - the installer button is disabled then (already catched by NSIS).

>it's probably a good idea to specify the files to delete specifically

OK - would be a good style, I've updated the NSIS script.

Since we now also have nice icons here more additions to the former
tutorial:

  - a welcome.bmp on the left is shown
  - a header.bmp is shown on top
  - the icon for the install and VM is much better
    (incl. transparency and different icon sizes up to 256x256 for
     Vista, ...)
  - the setup allows to run pharo after installation

Attached are the files necessary, just copy them to the "pharodist"
directory and run the NSIS script.

A new pharo Windows setup (setup_pharo_0.0.0.2.exe) is now
available on
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/22311/setup_pharo_0.0.0.2.exe

Thanks to all for making this possible - with the pharo distribution
Squeak now really has stopped looking toyish.
Only 10MB download for a complete world full of Smalltalk :)

Have fun
Torsten
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

Pharo.ico (48K) Download Attachment
setup.nsi (6K) Download Attachment
header.bmp (34K) Download Attachment
welcome.bmp (206K) Download Attachment

Re: Win32Setup - custom VM and app tutorial

Mariano Martinez Peck
Excellent!!!! It works perfect! This will definitely help to pharo community and new comers.

Really, an excellent job.

Another improvements:

1) when you go to "home" -> "all the programs" -> "pharo"

There are Pharo and Unistall. It would be nice to have another (I don't know which name) that brings the popup to chose the image to use.

2) Have an Icon for the .image

3) Being able to double click over an image an open a SqueakVM with it.

As I am not a windows guy, perhaps I am saying crap haha.

Keep your good job.

Mariano