Win98SE subclassing problem

Jerome Chan
My XP box crashed and I've gotten a Pentium machine temporarily to work
on. After downloading and installing Dolphin 5.1 I find that I can't
create new subclasses after saving my package. The machine is running
Win98SE (no updates yet --- straight from CD) and has 32 mb of ram.

Re: Win98SE subclassing problem

Christopher J. Demers
"Jerome Chan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> My XP box crashed and I've gotten a Pentium machine temporarily to work
> on. After downloading and installing Dolphin 5.1 I find that I can't
> create new subclasses after saving my package. The machine is running
> Win98SE (no updates yet --- straight from CD) and has 32 mb of ram.

Is the new class command disabled, or does it error when you try?  If there
is an error post the error message, and excerpt from the error log.  Can you
describe the circumstances of the problem more?  Can you not make any
classes after a package save, or can you only not subclass classes in the
package you saved?  Nothing obvious comes to mind based on your description.

Chris

Re: Win98SE subclassing problem

Jerome Chan
In article <bj159b$dut39$[hidden email]>,
 "Christopher J. Demers" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Jerome Chan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
> > My XP box crashed and I've gotten a Pentium machine temporarily to work
> > on. After downloading and installing Dolphin 5.1 I find that I can't
> > create new subclasses after saving my package. The machine is running
> > Win98SE (no updates yet --- straight from CD) and has 32 mb of ram.
>
> Is the new class command disabled, or does it error when you try?  If there
> is an error post the error message, and excerpt from the error log.  Can you
> describe the circumstances of the problem more?  Can you not make any
> classes after a package save, or can you only not subclass classes in the
> package you saved?  Nothing obvious comes to mind based on your description.
>
> Chris

The OK Button on the create subclass dialog box is not enabled.

Re: Win98SE subclassing problem

Christopher J. Demers
"Jerome Chan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> In article <bj159b$dut39$[hidden email]>,
>  "Christopher J. Demers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > "Jerome Chan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> > news:[hidden email]...
> > > My XP box crashed and I've gotten a Pentium machine temporarily to
work
> > > on. After downloading and installing Dolphin 5.1 I find that I can't
> > > create new subclasses after saving my package. The machine is running
> > > Win98SE (no updates yet --- straight from CD) and has 32 mb of ram.
> >
> > Is the new class command disabled, or does it error when you try?  If
there

> The OK Button on the create subclass dialog box is not enabled.

I wonder if it is some sort of refresh failure.  You might see if closing
and reopening or just navigating away and then back in the browser reenables
it.  I suppose the place to look for information would be
CreateSubclassDialog<<canApply.  Try debugging through that method and see
why it does not think you can add the class.  I know that in some early 5.0
versions the system browser had some issues with certain parts not becoming
enabled when they should.  I think all of that has been fixed by now.

Chris

Re: Win98SE subclassing problem

Chris Uppal-3
Jerome Chan wrote:

> The OK Button on the create subclass dialog box is not enabled.

You could try showing the dialog, setting the classname, etc, so that the
button *should* be enabled, and then debug through:

    CreateSubclassDialog allInstances first canApply.

to see if it's a problem with the enabling logic, or whether that's answering
true, as you'd expect, and it's a problem at the MVP level.

    -- chris