WinXP users?

Günther Schmidt
Hi all,

are there any other WinXP users out there who have trouble using
SqueakMap on a virgin 3.8 image?

I have massive problems here, CPU going up to 100% and so on.

I *believe* that is caused by a primitive failure where the ST code is
executed, which would explain a lot.

That would also mean that the current VM for XP is buggy.

Could anybody verify this?

Günther

RE: WinXP users?

Bob.Cowdery

> are there any other WinXP users out there who have trouble using
> SqueakMap on a virgin 3.8 image?

> I have massive problems here, CPU going up to 100% and so on.

> I *believe* that is caused by a primitive failure where the ST code is
> executed, which would explain a lot.

> That would also mean that the current VM for XP is buggy.

> Could anybody verify this?

Günther

I run XP here and have on occasions had trouble, but deleting the sm directory and downloading again always fixed it. As for stability it seems fine for my usage pattern.

Bob

*** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.

Re: WinXP users?

Günther Schmidt
Bob,

which VM are you using?

Günther

Cowdery, Bob [UK] schrieb:

>> are there any other WinXP users out there who have trouble using
>> SqueakMap on a virgin 3.8 image?
>
>> I have massive problems here, CPU going up to 100% and so on.
>
>> I *believe* that is caused by a primitive failure where the ST code is
>> executed, which would explain a lot.
>
>> That would also mean that the current VM for XP is buggy.
>
>> Could anybody verify this?
>
> Günther
>
> I run XP here and have on occasions had trouble, but deleting the sm directory and downloading again always fixed it. As for stability it seems fine for my usage pattern.
>
> Bob
>

> *** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
> Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
> may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
> indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
> delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
> any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
> in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
> to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
> message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.

Re: WinXP users?

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Günter,

same (as Bob describes) for me here on WinXP. I'm using the 3.7/8/9 images
with the 3.7.1 VM.

If you want, we can try to debug your situation off list. Start with
alt-F2 -> Display Version Information and send me a (any) SqueakDebug.log
file which was written by the VM you use.

/Klaus

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 16:35:50 +0200, Cowdery, Bob [UK]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Günther wrote:
>
>> are there any other WinXP users out there who have trouble using
>> SqueakMap on a virgin 3.8 image?
>
>> I have massive problems here, CPU going up to 100% and so on.
>
>> I *believe* that is caused by a primitive failure where the ST code is
>> executed, which would explain a lot.
>
>> That would also mean that the current VM for XP is buggy.
>
>> Could anybody verify this?
>
> Günther
>
> I run XP here and have on occasions had trouble, but deleting the sm
> directory and downloading again always fixed it. As for stability it
> seems fine for my usage pattern.
>
> Bob
>

> *** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
> Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
> may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
> indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
> delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
> any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
> in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
> to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
> message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.

RE: WinXP users?

Bob.Cowdery
RE: WinXP users?

3.8-6665

Bob

>> which VM are you using?

Günther

Cowdery, Bob [UK] schrieb:

>> are there any other WinXP users out there who have trouble using
>> SqueakMap on a virgin 3.8 image?
>
>> I have massive problems here, CPU going up to 100% and so on.
>
>> I *believe* that is caused by a primitive failure where the ST code is
>> executed, which would explain a lot.
>
>> That would also mean that the current VM for XP is buggy.
>
>> Could anybody verify this?
>
> Günther
>
> I run XP here and have on occasions had trouble, but deleting the sm directory and downloading again always fixed it. As for stability it seems fine for my usage pattern.

> Bob
>

> *** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
> Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
> may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
> indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
> delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
> any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
> in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
> to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
> message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.

*** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.

RE: WinXP users?

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Günther,

I didn't answer because I didn't have a virgin 3.8 around, but my experience
with XP and SM has been fine.  I thought I give it a try for you, so I
downloaded a fresh 3.8 image, and I opened SM.  It asked to be upgraded so I
upgraded SM and that worked fine.  I used SM to download the games package.
I played a nice game of chess and won.  Checking my image it's running very
nicely with no CPU problems at all.  I'm sorry if that's no help but I did
enjoy the chess game!  (Thank you Andreas)

It works fine for me.

Ron Teitelbaum