WindowOrganizer integration problems

laurent laffont
Hi,

As work from Gary about grouping windows has been integrated in 1.4, I try to use it for TWM.

If you load:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'TilingWindowManager';
package: 'TWM';
load.

StandardWindow new
   addMorph: GroupWindowMorph new fullFrame: (LayoutFrame fractions: (0@0 corner: 1@1));
   openInWorld.

You can drag and drop windows in the GroupWindowMorph to tab them.

But I cannot find why GroupWindowMorph does not fill all the window....... Gary ?

Then I want to use GroupWindowMorph in a DockingBar. There's some initial work in DockingWindowMorph but I'm stuck with the space fill problem.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: WindowOrganizer integration problems

Gary Chambers-4

Hi Laurent

The GroupWindowMorph does fill the window, however it has no layout policy to the tab group within doesn't fill.

In GroupWindowMorph initialize, either do a self changeProportionalLayout or self changeTableLayout (making the fullFrame: bit redundant).

Regards, Gary
As work from Gary about grouping windows has been integrated in 1.4, I try to use it for TWM.

If you load:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'TilingWindowManager';
package: 'TWM';
load.

StandardWindow new
   addMorph: GroupWindowMorph new fullFrame: (LayoutFrame fractions: ([hidden email] corner: [hidden email]));
   openInWorld.

You can drag and drop windows in the GroupWindowMorph to tab them.

But I cannot find why GroupWindowMorph does not fill all the window....... Gary ?

Then I want to use GroupWindowMorph in a DockingBar. There's some initial work in DockingWindowMorph but I'm stuck with the space fill problem.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: WindowOrganizer integration problems

laurent laffont
Another big thank you Gary !

In last TWM version there's a first (almost) working prototype of DockingWindowMorph.

DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld.

Now I need to make window/tab activation nice and fix a bug when the first tab is closed.

Laurent.