Windows 10 crash - LoadLibrary(SurfacePlugin.dll) (998: Invalid access to memory location.

Windows 10 crash - LoadLibrary(SurfacePlugin.dll) (998: Invalid access to memory location.

Andrei Chis
Hi,

On Windows 10 with the Pharo 6 release and the latest vm [1] I get the following crash when attempting to save the image after doing some more intensive computations:

# Debug console
# To close: F2 -> 'debug options' -> 'show output console'
# To disable: F2 -> 'debug options' -> 'show console on errors'
LoadLibrary(SurfacePlugin) (998: Invalid access to memory location.

)
LoadLibrary(SurfacePlugin.dll) (998: Invalid access to memory location.

)
LoadLibrary(c:\pharo6\SurfacePlugin) (998: Invalid access to memory location.

)
LoadLibrary(c:\pharo6\SurfacePlugin.dll) (998: Invalid access to memory location.

)
[...]

The image take around 600MB before the crash but that is expected.
I've seen that this error was appearing before in the past.
Any suggestions of how to debug it?

Cheers,
Andrei

Re: Windows 10 crash - LoadLibrary(SurfacePlugin.dll) (998: Invalid access to memory location.

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

I'm experiencing this problem regularly (at least once a week), I've noticed that it sometimes happens after dualboot, and that restarting windows usually helps... but this is always on launch of the image, it never occured later udring runtime; so now the first thing I do on boot is to check if Pharo works and if not I restart...

Peter