Windows CE

Reg Krock-2
Does Dolphin run in the Windows CE environment?

Regards

Reg Krock

Re: Windows CE

Ted Bracht-2
Hi Reg,

"Reg Krock" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<3b8ac58b$[hidden email]>...
> Does Dolphin run in the Windows CE environment?

Unfortunately not. As I understand it, it would take quite a lot of
effort as Dolphin tightly integrates with the Win32 API. AFAIK there
is a version of Squeak running on WinCE

HTH

Ted

Re: Windows CE

Andy Bower
Reg,

> Does Dolphin run in the Windows CE environment?

Not at present. It is on our "todo" list, however, but there are no
scheduled plans for the implementation.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Re: Windows CE

Bill Schwab-2
> Unfortunately not. As I understand it, it would take quite a lot of
> effort as Dolphin tightly integrates with the Win32 API. AFAIK there
> is a version of Squeak running on WinCE

Yes, but, I'm not sure of its status.  A fairly recent development is that
Squeak 3.0 (and perhaps 2.x for large x<g>) is sufficiently event enabled to
run on a pen tablet.  Earlier releases got mightily confused when the
"mouse" disappeared.  I'm no expert, but, it sounds as though Squeak
enquires about event support in the VM, and if it's available, it still
polls, but, on a shared queue of events that's populated by an event loop
rather than directly against the devices (or something like that).  Anyway,
it works now :)   Hopefully, the same thing has or will happen for WinCE.
AFAIK, Squeak will still be a bad citizen with respect to power management,
but, at least the GUI should be able to work for as long as the batteries
last.

Have a good one,

Bill

--