Windows/WinAsyncSocket

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Blair,

If I use a Socket, and then try to show the new (and handy!) "Window"
menubar menu, I get a WinAsyncSocket dnu #caption walkback.

Not sure if this is a bug: The "Pull Up instance variable" refactoring is
printing an error trace to the Transcript if the instance variable was
referenced in any of the subclass methods.

A Minor UI request: Could the Debugger's workspace context menu have the
"Reformat/Accept" command added under the "Accept" command? I am finding
that my habit of using "Reformat/Accept" in a browser is meaning that I am
inadvertently using "Accept No Restart" in the debugger.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Windows/WinAsyncSocket

Blair McGlashan
"Steve Waring" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hi Blair,
>
> If I use a Socket, and then try to show the new (and handy!) "Window"
> menubar menu, I get a WinAsyncSocket dnu #caption walkback.

Thanks Steve, #879.

> Not sure if this is a bug: The "Pull Up instance variable" refactoring is
> printing an error trace to the Transcript if the instance variable was
> referenced in any of the subclass methods.

It is a known issue (327 Pull-up/push-down instance variable refactorings
can cause compilation errors during transformation)
with the way order the Refactoring Engine makes the changes, but it is
benign.

> A Minor UI request: Could the Debugger's workspace context menu have the
> "Reformat/Accept" command added under the "Accept" command? I am finding
> that my habit of using "Reformat/Accept" in a browser is meaning that I am
> inadvertently using "Accept No Restart" in the debugger.

OK.

Regards

Blair