Windows clipboard and Unicode

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Juan

If I paste a text snippet which contains Unicode code points which
have no equivalent in ISO8959-15 the code points are correctly
converted to NCRs [1] in Cuis.

However if I copy  text snippet back from Cuis to a Unicode capable
MSWindows program the NCRs are not converted back.

I would like to have that option that NCRs are converted back to UFT8
before inserting thme into the clipboard.

Regards
Hannes

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCR Numeric character reference, a
way of including a Unicode character in a web page

P.S.
BTW your Unicode changes now make it very convenient to deal with HTML
pages in Cuis. According to http://trends.builtwith.com/encoding 75%
of the web pages are UTF8. And the ones I deal with are 100% UTF8!
Thank you for this effort. No the next task is to update the
libraries, e.g. Cuis-WebClient.

Re: Windows clipboard and Unicode

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Hannes,

On 2/21/2013 7:10 PM, H. Hirzel wrote:

> Hello Juan
>
> If I paste a text snippet which contains Unicode code points which
> have no equivalent in ISO8959-15 the code points are correctly
> converted to NCRs [1] in Cuis.
>
> However if I copy  text snippet back from Cuis to a Unicode capable
> MSWindows program the NCRs are not converted back.
>
> I would like to have that option that NCRs are converted back to UFT8
> before inserting thme into the clipboard.

Yes, I forgot about this. It is now in the update stream. Clipboard
works ok now. I added the greek alphabet as a sample in a method comment.

> Regards
> Hannes
>

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCR Numeric character reference, a
> way of including a Unicode character in a web page
>
> P.S.
> BTW your Unicode changes now make it very convenient to deal with HTML
> pages in Cuis. According to http://trends.builtwith.com/encoding 75%
> of the web pages are UTF8. And the ones I deal with are 100% UTF8!
> Thank you for this effort. No the next task is to update the
> libraries, e.g. Cuis-WebClient.

You're welcome. It is nice to find simple solutions that work.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Ps. I'm behind in several discussions in the mail list. Will catch up
shortly.

Re: Windows clipboard and Unicode

Juan Vuletich-4
Just paste this into Cuis, the copy & paste again to external editor:

Αα Alpha
Ββ Beta
Γγ Gamma
Δδ Delta