Windows8 certification

Maarten Mostert

Hi

Can anyone tell me wheter Windows 8 certification is actually possible with a VW App ?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/windows/apps/jj657973.aspx

Regards,

@+Maarten,

Re: Windows8 certification

Steven Kelly
Anything's possible, but some things are harder than others. As far as I know:
- Restart management is probably an issue for most apps, as the VM answers some messages without asking the image. Making your app pass the test probably means making it lose data.
- High DPI support is not implemented (but the web page doesn't say this is an automatic fail)

Those are for a desktop app - I imagine a Windows Store app will have more issues.

IIRC ObjectStudio has Windows certification; has anybody got a VW application certified?

Steve

Re: Windows8 certification

Maarten Mostert

I will need this capability over the next months, for both the Mac App store and the Windows store.

I don't see the reason to ignore this reality which is a security issue for many, so If anyone out htere knows how to achieve, or thinks he can do it please stand out to me.

Thanks in advance,

@+Maarten,