WordPad and Ian's Printer Goody

Andy Bower-3
Ian,

Since our workspaces no longer have the ability to display RTF we
thought we should include a WordPad sample in the Dolphin base image.
This, of course, clashes with your Wordpad class in the IDB Printer
package.

For the beta 2 release of your goodies could you remove the Wordpad
class from the IDB Printer package? I have modified our WordPad default
view so that it has the correct menu commands to fire off the print and
the page setup so it should all connect up nicely. Also, since our
Wordpad is subclassed from TextDocument you'll need to include
WordPad>>filePrint and WordPad>>filePageSetup as loose methods in the
package too.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: WordPad and Ian's Printer Goody

Ian Bartholomew-20
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> For the beta 2 release of your goodies could you remove the Wordpad
> class from the IDB Printer package? I have modified our WordPad default
> view so that it has the correct menu commands to fire off the print and
> the page setup so it should all connect up nicely. Also, since our
> Wordpad is subclassed from TextDocument you'll need to include
> WordPad>>filePrint and WordPad>>filePageSetup as loose methods in the
> package too.

Blair posted a copy of the Wordpad class here a couple of weeks ago and I've
already made all the necessary changes.  I've now got a separate package
that adds printing support methods to the TextDocument class and this allows
printing from Wordpad, XMLPad and, with a little tweak, Notepad.  FWIW I've
also added a new subclass, RichEditPad, that uses my RichEdit class, albeit
in a limited way.

Regards
Ian